Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-08-2002 22:09:39

Will
Website

Complete / pending payment

The one thing that I see as missing and will be real easy to add once I know the variable is if the payment is pending or if it is completed.  It shows up when you "manage" orders in the admin, but it is never stated in the email that is sent to the owners and fulfilment people.  I know I can add it to the email, I just need to know what to add. 

Thank you,

Will

BTW I LOVE this version!

Will

#2 08-08-2002 22:18:42

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Complete / pending payment

That would be available in the variable $tracking_status embedded in the email as <CGIVAR>tracking_status</CGIVAR>.  It would show as:

Pending Payment:P
Pending Shipment:NS
Partially Shipped:PS
Completed:C

However, pending orders don't get sent out, so the issue is non-existant.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-08-2002 22:19:36

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Pending Payment : P
Pending Shipment : NS
Partially Shipped : PS
Completed : C

Every time I put a : next to a P in this forum I get a darn smily face with it's tongue sticking out...

Nick Hendler

#4 08-09-2002 05:53:46

Will
Website

Nick,

Your statement below is not true.  I set it up to take credit cards, or to allow for offline processing.  (we call the customer for payment).  Guess what.  with the 2nd option both the customer and us receive a confirmation email.  That is great, except no where in either email (customers or ours) does it say Payment pending.  Online online in the admin section.  So I'll be adding that string to the emails.  Now if only there was a seperate different email confirmation so that I could say in it if payment is pending, this is what you do.  As it is I'll end up puting that in to the main confirmation email just as added instructions. 

So If it's not supposed to send an email is it a bug then?  wink  I wouldn't see this as a bug, but purely as a feature. 

So, I have credit card processing, and the "Payment Information Over the phone" default one you have in the cart.  The Payment over the phone sends the confirmation email, however it doesn't say payment pending or complete or anything like that.  I feel that is a very important field to put in to the email.

Thanks Nick,

Will

>However, pending orders don't get sent
>out, so the issue is
>non-existant.

Will
wwwstnecorp.com
(New cart to be online as soon as I've got it looking right)

Will

#5 08-09-2002 08:38:45

webmaster
Administrator
Website

If you're using offline, and they submit the payment, to them it's not pending - it's completed - so the program marks it as completed.  Do they really know (or should they know) that you're storing their numbers for later processing?  For the contact customer and check/purchase orders, no payment info is collected, so they stay pending and inventory, etc. is not updated.

Nick Hendler

#6 08-09-2002 08:44:48

I think what he's saying is that it would be helpful if the e-mail to the store owner/fulfillment person indicated that the payment is pending (on call customer option).

#7 08-09-2002 08:59:24

When I did a test order using the contact customer method (for payment).  It DID send confirmation emails.  I've tested it, it does send confirmation emails. 

#8 08-09-2002 09:12:12

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Yes, it sends the email in contact customer, but does not update inventory, send info to shippers or send out download instructions.  The check & po methods work the same too as no payment info is collected.

Nick Hendler

#9 08-09-2002 10:06:21

So, don't you think it could be important for the seller to know before they accidentaly ship something based off the email that payment is pending?  Not all shippers look in the admin section before shipping.  I'll put it in mine, I just thought this was something that was missing that really should be in there.  Because the confirmation email I got of the online order that was contact customer for credit card, looked Identical to the one I did via credit card. 

I am pleased to say that other than this, I am VERY pleased with the product.   (ok Even with this issue I am VERY pleased with the new version). 

#10 08-09-2002 15:55:19

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We've just noted to include that in emails in a future release.  You make some good points.

Nick Hendler

#11 08-10-2002 09:03:12

I agree with Will that it is important to have this info in the e-mail that goes to the store owner, so we can easily see from the e-mail what payment method the customer has chosen.  It should be easy enough to add that variable to the e-mail for now, but would be nice to include it in the next version.

Board footer