Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 12-09-2021 12:16:47

sqm24

iso safari and drop down category menu

Hi,

I have an unusual problem, I have found regarding the category menu. We have set in the skin widget as Icon and header – expand box display.

Now in most browsers it is working just fine when we have it small enough to hide the menu and have the arrows showing to click on to reveal menu. However, in safari on an iPad I having the problem that it will not reveal the menu (this also happens on the groups in the footer as well).

What is strange is that if I login and go to a product offer page it works, but any other page it will not and if I am not logged in even product offer pages it does not work.

Has anybody else had this problem or can offer advise on how to fix it? The browsers on tables and mobiles don’t have all the web developer stuff in them so it is hard to know what is happening.

Thanks
Simon

#2 12-09-2021 12:42:30

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: iso safari and drop down category menu

Very strange.  My first question is how up to date is that ipad?  When first developing the responsive layout for K9 I was using an older ipad that was seriously deficient and was showing all sorts of weird behavior and drawing displays inadequately.  Later I realized the pad was seriously out of date (by years) on updates, and updating it solved all it's issues.  I'd look at updating your pad's OS to rule out a similar issue, if needed.

Beyond that, the functionality you say is lacking is all executed in {public}/media/scripts/common.min.js and all use jQuery's native show(), hide(), slideUp() and slideDown() functions to do what they do.  If you're using a newer ipad, perhaps jQuery needs to be updated in {public}/media/jquery.  Check what we have running on our demo site (9.1.0) to see if your version of jQuery matches the latest tested with the software.

Nick Hendler

#3 01-20-2022 04:01:19

Gazetkomat
Website

I wonder why ths OS version would make a difference in this case. Anything in particular that has been added?

#4 01-20-2022 09:39:34

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This was likely javascript elsewhere on the page that was causing issues on the older ipad. We didn't get a response back on this one.

Nick Hendler

#5 01-20-2022 10:19:27

sqm24

Sorry, not got very far with it. I did try a newer version of jquery but it did not make any difference.

I don't know how old the ipad is, it is not a new one, but I don't think it's an ancient one either.

Trouble is I don’t have a lot to do with apple gear, I tend to avoid it if I can.

#6 01-21-2022 09:10:09

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We've got quite a few Apple devices here for testing.  If you post a URL, we can take a look.

Nick Hendler

#7 01-25-2022 05:18:01

sqm24

Thanks,

The url is https://systemq.com/store

#8 01-25-2022 09:25:53

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We've looked on an idevice using Safari and don't see any problems with the open/close on the widgets (category and footer tested). 

The open/close functionality you put into the category menu needs work, though.  I'm guessing that's still under development - the open/close does not seem to work properly when clicking a menu item lower in the list when you have a menu item expanded.  Looks to be an issue in:

https://systemq.com/store/skins/SQShopS … /sq-min.js

Nick Hendler

#9 01-27-2022 05:29:28

sqm24

Thanks Nick for looking into it for me. It may be just that device we have (or the safai version).

Thanks Also for pointing out the category menu problem, I seem to have fixed it, it was a CSS problem, I had left a rule I should have taken out.

Thanks again
Simon.

#10 01-27-2022 09:21:14

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Good job on that.  I recommend using jQuery's slideUp() on your menu close to animate the transition.  It's instant right now.

Nick Hendler

Board footer