Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-18-2022 08:38:33

SystemQLtd

How to discount by % on a minimum cart total?

Hi all,

Apologies for my ignorance, I'm a newbie to Kryptronic and I'm trying to offer a 5% discount code to new customers, on a minimum order of £50.

So far we've got a code that offers 5% on any cart total that can be used multiple times by the same user, which isn't what we're looking for.

I searched the forum and found Nick Hendler's post from 2016 mentioning the following:
(1) We have a custom sale script function which allows you to discount an order by X percent if X or more items are in the cart.

(2) You can choose to give away free items, like a gift certificate for the next visit, or anything, when a certain total in the cart is reached, or when a certain total for a particular manufacturer is reached.

Is there a way of combining these options, so a first-time user can input a code (one-time-only) to discount an order by 5% when a £50 cart total is reached?

I'd be really grateful for any help, thanks!

Ruth
SystemQLtd

#2 01-18-2022 09:14:51

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: How to discount by % on a minimum cart total?

I'd recommend using a custom sale script to accomplish this.  That would run at checkout and would not require a code to be entered.  To identify new customers, the script could check for past orders under the email address used to checkout, then calculate the sale amount (5%) on the order subtotal, if the subtotal is above the threshold (£50).  We could write a script for you to do that, or you can do it yourself.  If you'd like us to do it, contact the custom shop for a quote.  Otherwise, there are custom sale script examples here. 

To turn on a custom sale script, use Store / Component / Settings / Checkout to activate (Custom Sale Method Status) and select (Custom Sale Method) the custom sale method.  Use Store / Commerce / Custom Sale Methods to add/update custom sale methods.

Nick Hendler

#3 01-18-2022 09:48:15

SystemQLtd

Re: How to discount by % on a minimum cart total?

Thanks so much for your quick reply! We'll see if we can do it ourselves and if not we'll be in touch. Have a good day!

Board footer