Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 12-14-2021 17:41:32

Blitzen

PayPal: Empty reply from server

Hi,

This just started and even backing up files and database didn't fix the issue.
Do you know if anything has changed with PayPal SOAP (that uses paypalprod.php)?

This is the response from CORE_Remote.php (ccp8)

$url: https://api.paypal.com/2.0/
$type: POST
$mode: HTTPS
$data:
$cert: /home/lindecor/public_html/ccp8/temp/cert_1639521003.42.txt
$referer: https://www.tricker.com/index.php
$uagent:
$headers: Array
(
)

$cookies: 0
$userpwd:
$nodebug: 0
$timeout: 25
$result arr: COREerror Object
(
    [class] => COREerror
    [version] => 8.0.0
    [message] => Empty reply from server
)

$message: Empty reply from server

#2 12-15-2021 09:09:42

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: PayPal: Empty reply from server

Are you running an older server which may not be able to connect to PayPal using TLS1.1 or higher?  Like your server is capped at TLS1.0?  In 2018 PCI required shutdown of TLS1.0 and lower and if this is an old server.  Perhaps you're just now noticing an issue or just turned this functionality on.  Anything changed on the server recently?  Do you have issues connecting to other sites like UPS, FedEx, etc?

Nick Hendler

#3 12-28-2021 11:08:04

juanstg

I am having a PayPal issue as well.  Seems the last order we received with someone paying with PayPal was on 12/16/2021.
Nothing has changed on our server that I can tell.  I have verified it is not using TLS1.1.  When testing I get the error from PayPal of "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."  All credit card payments seem to be working fine through our separate credit card processor. 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

#4 12-29-2021 07:51:15

frank-track13

juanstg wrote:

I am having a PayPal issue as well.  Seems the last order we received with someone paying with PayPal was on 12/16/2021.
Nothing has changed on our server that I can tell.  I have verified it is not using TLS1.1.  When testing I get the error from PayPal of "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."  All credit card payments seem to be working fine through our separate credit card processor. 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

What version of of TLS are you using, if it is TLS 1.0 and not something higher that could be the issue.

Frank

#5 12-30-2021 09:24:06

juanstg

I actually found that the PayPal account had been blocked due to needing paperwork sent in.  That solved that issue but not the next issue, I'll start a new thread for that one.

Board footer