Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-25-2002 15:52:41

critter

Creating Links

I would like to create a link, or better yet a drop down box on the page you are on after an item is added to your shopping cart.  I want to be able to go directly to a category or sub category from that page.  It seems as if you have to go back to home or use the back button several times to get to the same page you were on when you added an item to your cart.  I tried several times to paste in a section of code for creating drop boxes from another section into this page but it did not work.

#2 10-25-2002 19:31:25

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Creating Links

Are you sure you're using version 4?  CCP4 pops you right back to the product detail page after an add to cart.

Nick Hendler
Webmaster, Kryptronic, Inc.

Nick Hendler

#3 10-28-2002 09:42:30

critter

I know it sends me to the product detail page.  I want to be able to go directly to a category or sub-category from that page and not have to click on online store link or online store home and start all over.  I simply want to eliminate steps and go directly to the category and sub-category I want to add additional items to my cart from.

#4 10-29-2002 11:41:48

webmaster
Administrator
Website

That's a fairly complicated modification.  You'll need to adjust the links to the product detail page in ste_store_small_display.pl to send the category info along in the HREF to the detail page.  Then you'll need to edit site_store_product.pl to include that same category info in the add to cart form post.  Then you'll need to modify site_store_cart_contents_add_update.pl to send the user back to the category page (including that cat info as the variable $fd_ref).  Contact ec@kryptronic.com for a quote on this if it's beyond you.

Nick Hendler
Webmaster, Kryptronic, Inc.

Nick Hendler

Board footer