Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-16-2002 12:31:07

Changing Servers

I'm using v 4.0.  At the time of purchase, I also purchased installation and the script was installed by ClickCartPro staff.  I now want to change servers, but don't have the original script to install.

I'm not sure which way to go with this.  I know very little about CGI.  Should I start from scratch and install ClickCartPro on the new server?  If so, how do I go about getting a copy of the original script?  Or do I need to download all the files from my present server and then upload them to the new server?  Or is this something I could pay someone to do for me?  If so what's the charge?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

KittyMother

#2 10-17-2002 19:36:58

Re: Changing Servers

I take it you don't have a backup of your site on your HD!
You should be able to upload the working site to the new server and set permissions. I did this on one CCP4 site. I had a small problem with a couple corrupted files, but I think it was my FTP program.
Let me know if you need a hand.

#3 10-17-2002 21:19:02

So, I need to download it to my HD and then upload to the new server?  Then set the permissions?  Is this the easiest way?

On the new server, the domain is going to point to a file within my account.  Will this make any difference with the way the paths are set up.  Will I have to manually change the paths? 

It's getting too complicated for me and I'm about ready to dump it and find something that I can get some help with.  I like the way the cart works, but if I can't get assistance with things like this when I need it, it's no good to me.

#4 10-18-2002 12:29:27

Ok, Greg.  I'm giving it a shot.  If I run into any problems, I will be giving you a shout.  Thanks for your help.

#5 10-18-2002 15:39:32

Hello,
You'll have to change your paths in the cgi-bin/cp-app.pl(cgi), cp-admin.pl(cgi), to point to the new server address. It's really not a problem. You'd have to do this with any software program you would run. They all need to know where the program files are located in order to execute.
If you need help just email me.
mailto:greg@xssupply.com

#6 10-18-2002 16:48:22

Greg, thank you for the offer and your email address.  I think I'm making this into something bigger than it is.  I have messed with it a little this afternoon and think I have figured out what I need to do.  Should I run into any problems, I will email you.  Once again, thank you.

Board footer