Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-23-2021 04:25:12

Graham
Website

Getting spam to K9 email address

As  I own my own domain, I use meaningful email addresses and, for K9 I use K9@mydomain...

Recently I've been gettting spam to that address, but, as far as I am aware, I have *only* ever used that domain for the software.

So does anyone else do this and has been receiving spam emails to that address?

#2 09-23-2021 08:45:47

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Getting spam to K9 email address

If you've used k9@yourdomain.com for the main email address, the emails sent to customers would be from that address.  If any customer's address book became exposed, your email could end up receiving spam at some point.

Nick Hendler

#3 09-23-2021 17:07:48

Graham
Website

No, I don't use it for that,

As far as I can tell, I have only used it for the log in to the back end, for the internal Order Confirmation messages and the "return" confirmations from the WorldPay gateway.

The customers get their Order Confirmation messages from a different address.

#4 09-24-2021 08:29:10

webmaster
Administrator
Website

If you're only using that email address for the back end login and internal order confirmation mails, then the address is not exposed as far as the software is concerned.  Next steps would be to check your website to see if you've published it on any pages, check your mailbox to see if you've ever used it anywhere, and check with your hosting provider to see if there have been any security-related issues (as you are self-hosted and your provider and you would be responsible for the security of your server).

Nick Hendler

Board footer