Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-04-2021 06:07:03

Graham
Website

Can I set Selection Options as Out of Stock?

I sell an item which comes in multiple sizes which I list under  Dashboard / Store / Catalog / Options

I'm out of stock of one size, but have the others available, so is there a way I can set a single option to Out of Stock but keep the rest of them available?

At the moment all I can do is add "Out of Stock" to the Option description, but there's nothing to stop someone still selecting that size and then I have to email them to say "Sorry, that size isn't available" and refund them.

#2 08-04-2021 08:09:59

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Can I set Selection Options as Out of Stock?

Your offer is not set up properly if you're selling a single inventory item with an option for size.  To correct:

(1) Create inventory items for each size of the item you have.
(2) Adjust the product offer so that it lists all the inventory items you created in (1) with proper pricing for each.

This will give the customer a selection of choices of size, and will give you inventory controls on sizes.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-04-2021 14:55:55

Graham
Website

IIRC I've had these in my range since K7, so they were simply copied across in that way when I imported the data into 8 and then 9.

#4 08-05-2021 08:09:48

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I understand.  K9 is very different from previous versions.  Previously options were the best way to accomplish choices for items.  Now, we have inventory items to choose from, which provide detailed control over inventory levels and allow items to be sold on multiple offers.  I'd suggest changing an offer to use inventory items as suggested, and see if that works better for you going forward.

Nick Hendler

Board footer