Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-28-2002 21:35:55

Help - Urgent

Sorry to be so dramatic, but suddenly all pages generated by CCP are appearing in bright yellow, and nobody can place orders. Also, I can't log into my internet site administrator, it tells me all three of my server paths are incorrect.  I haven't changed anything on my page recently so I don't know why this is happening.  I assume it is a problem with my host, so I will contact them, but I would appreciate any help.

#2 09-28-2002 21:39:35

Re: Help - Urgent

Now when I click on any product, it gives me a script execution error.  If anybody suspects anything other than my host please help.

#3 09-28-2002 23:06:13

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Check with your host asap.  Something really got hosed up - both with the cgi's and the data files.  A complete re-install may fix the problem, but they may know what's up and could save you a bunch of work.

Usually the yellow background indicates a problem reading the end line characters in the data files, and the execution errors are indicative of missing .pl files in the cgi-bin.  Have them restore your account from their last backup and that should fix your problems.

Nick Hendler

#4 09-30-2002 13:49:51

I now have access to my cgi-bin but I'm having two additional problems.
1) It is still showing my CCP screens in bright yellow, where could this be coming from?

2) My Internet Site administrator has changed my online processing method to "contact customer - no online payment accepted" and will not let me change it back to authorize.net.  Why can't I change it back to what it was?

Thanks,

#5 10-02-2002 07:52:38

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Your data files were uploaded with improper line endings.  Make sure your FTP client is set to upload .db files in ASCII mode, and re-upload the data files to the ./data directory.

Then, make sure your permissions on all files and directories in the ./data directory are set to 777.

Nick Hendler

#6 10-02-2002 17:47:09

The yellow has now gone away everywhere except the internet site administrator.  I reloaded everything in the /data directory in ASCII, and I still can't select anything other than "contact custoner - no online payment accepted".  When I do select something else, the payment processing fields and settings change, but not the processing method.

If I ever do get this to work, it also reset my authorize.net information.  What goes in the following fields?
1) Path to Secure Site Payment Script (Full URL):
2) ADC URL:

Thanks for the help.

#7 10-02-2002 17:56:22

webmaster
Administrator
Website

It sounds like some of the files are still corrupted.  Specifically:

./data/site/admin_settings.db
./data/online_process/online_process_settings.db

And maybe others.

Nick Hendler

#8 10-02-2002 18:46:26

I think I found the problem, my host was kind enough to switch me over from and NT to a Linix server without letting me know.  I had him set the permissions on the directories to 777, is there anything else I need to change for using Linux?

It also reset all of my Authorize.net information, what do I set those to?  Right now it is giving me the
"The URL that referred you to this page is not a valid referring URL" error.  Thanks for the help.

#9 10-03-2002 07:42:41

webmaster
Administrator
Website

That makes sense.  Line endings on Unix are n whereas on Windows they're rn.  Anyway, for Authnet follow the instructions in this post:

<A HREF="https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=3561">https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=3561</A>

Nick Hendler

Board footer