Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-25-2002 12:12:55

Sales Tax

Is there a reason that sales tax is (all of a sudden) being charged on everything when my site has items that are taxable and non-taxable.?  The catalog.db file is correct.  There is only one taxation locality, and it is calculating correctly.  Is there a file I can fix?  Thanks..

#2 09-25-2002 14:25:18

Re: Sales Tax

To further clarify, the script seems to be overlooking the $product_tax_exempt_status field in the catalog.db file. (!?)  Not sure what has happened.  Can you recommend a file to replace or look at - or how to fix?  catalog.db, localities.db seem fine.  Only have one taxation location and that seems to be working fine also...

#3 09-25-2002 16:07:16

Also wanted to say that I have been editing the catalog.db file by hand (not using the site administrator), but added the taxlocality using the site administrator.  Could this have caused a problem?  The tax is actually being calculated (on items designated non-taxable) only on the one state I have chosen.  Tax IS being calculated correctly on taxable items.  Hope I am being clear. Did I wipe something out??  Thanks !

#4 09-25-2002 17:00:13

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I would bet the problem is with your catalog.db.  Can you re-check that tax exempt field to be sure it's there and set correctly?  Maybe a field in front of it got wiped out.  Are your product descriptions showing up correctly?  I ask this because that's the last field in the file.

Nick Hendler

#5 09-25-2002 21:11:23

In the catalog.db file, there are 21 total fields, with the tax exempt status field being in the 10th position.  The field directly before the tax exempt field is shipping weight (all zeros for me) and the one directly after contains an n in all fields..Any suggestions?  It still isn't working.  Thank you...

#6 09-26-2002 06:12:30

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Switch that 'n' to an 'N'.

Nick Hendler

#7 09-26-2002 10:06:20

Now it is recognizing the "Y" for tax exempt and not adding tax, but not recognizing the "N" and adding the appropriate (Maryland) tax.  Help!  Thanks...

#8 09-26-2002 10:29:10

I thought this was NOT case sensitive.  All y's and n's were lower case when this was working.  Is there a file in the cgi bin I can replace to get this to start calculating tax again?  Thanks!!!!

#9 09-27-2002 17:41:29

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Wouldn't it be easier to just replace all |y| and |n| with |Y| and |N| in catalog.db using wordpad or something like that?  If you're on a Unix system, this is definitely case sensitive.

Nick Hendler

#10 09-30-2002 12:32:39

I already changed all the lower case y's and n's in the catalog.db file to uppercase - this site is on a Unix server.  Again, is there an (original) file I can get to get this working correctly?  The original .pl file, for example that calculates tax?  Not sure what to do at this point...Thank you again!

#11 10-02-2002 07:53:26

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Request a copy of ./cgi-bin/library/modules/ste_store_cart_contents.pl from ec@kryptronic.com.

Nick Hendler

Board footer