Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-09-2021 05:16:49

sdn

Bing Report Large number of pages pointing to the same canonical URL

Bing is reporting that there are a "Large number of pages pointing to the same canonical URL".

I cannot see how that is possible as all pages have a unique canonical meta tag that matches the page url.

However, there is one possible issue that has been highlighted before and that is of categories extending over multiple pages.

A category page one might have seourl of "blue-widgets" but page 2 becomes something like "index.php?app=ecom&ns=catshow&ref=1m800p020c10s&count=18&offset=18" but that pages canonical link is still given as "blue-widgets".

I have raised this with Bing support to see what they say. Will 9.04 address this issue?

Simon

#2 04-09-2021 07:49:14

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Bing Report Large number of pages pointing to the same canonical URL

We have this listed as a possible issue, but cannot determine whether it's a real problem or not - so please post back.  This is slated for a future release, but not 9.1.0.  Some pretty substantial changes will be required to the URL functions in order to produce separate canonical URLs for subpages.  It's on the radar, but hasn't been developed yet.

Nick Hendler

#3 04-10-2021 09:00:17

zanart

Re: Bing Report Large number of pages pointing to the same canonical URL

I changed the category pages nearly 8 years ago so only one url was used.
The second and subsequent pages, and all filters/sort options are reloaded via Ajax refresh with the url remaining the same.

https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=31398

Current live examples
https://www.easyframe.co.uk/Category/cu … ure-frames

Rob

Board footer