Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-23-2002 11:03:14

Bulk loading of products

We have our 700 products in an Access database.   You told me earlier that, if we were to use CCP5, to load to an Excel spreadsheet by column, etc and create the CSV file from that (I think).  Does the same thing apply to CC4 or is there a different method?

#2 09-23-2002 12:00:54

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Bulk loading of products

It's harder with CCP4 because the program stores data in pipe delimited files, which requires you to use Excel's import/export functions.

Nick Hendler

#3 09-23-2002 12:43:19

Our present shopping cart uses what appears to be pipe-delimited .txt files for each category.  Looks like this:

Item|ID|USD $|Weight|Picture|Resize| | | | |Enlarge|Description|v3-ssc
5-Hydroxy L-Triptophan, Precursor to
Serotonin|#833|20.00||productshot2a.jpg|||||||Product Name: 5-HYDROXY L-TRYPTOPHAN #833 §Product ID#: 833 §Category: Amino Acids§§Each capsule conta

We built a program that allows us to move Access files to this format & vice versa. 

Could I massage these files for CC4?  We have previously purchased CC4, and I thought maybe I could put it together quickly.  Would CCP5 have significant advantages for us?  Which would be quicker and simpler for loading our products?  We eventually want to go to AuthNet Direct Response.

#4 09-25-2002 06:40:03

webmaster
Administrator
Website

CCP5 would be hands down better for this as the data is stored in Microsoft format CSV files, which Excel can open and save without any conversion at all.

Nick Hendler

Board footer