Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-17-2021 20:56:17

Graham
Website

Stop sending Order Cancelled messages

A customer created an order, got as far as the payment page, then backed out of the final payment.

They then went through the payment again, thus creating a full order, but leaving a "ghost" order in the Pending and Cancelled section of the Order Centre marked "pending submission".

I went in and clicked on "Initialise order", then cancelled the order, only to get an irate email from the customer saying they didn't want to cancel the order and asking why I had done this!

What setting do I need to change to ensure that, if I cancel an order, the customer doesn't get an automatic message (I'll send them one manually if necessary).?

#2 03-18-2021 08:11:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Stop sending Order Cancelled messages

You usually want the customer to know you cancelled an order they placed.  In this case, they didn't place that order - they left it in a canceled/pending state.  You initialized it (which you shouldn't have done), and then cancelled it (which wouldn't have been necessary if you didn't initialize it).  You should have followed up and told them you accidentally initialized an order that you shouldn't have.  You should only ever initialize a pending/canceled order if you know the customer wants the order and intends on paying for it.

Nick Hendler

#3 03-18-2021 08:17:00

frank-track13

Graham

Why did you Initialize the order? If you leave the order as is and not initialize it, it will be purged from the system eventually on its own without any message being sent. As of right now, there is no setting in the back end admin for the order cancellation message only the internal message.

Frank

#4 03-18-2021 08:50:52

Graham
Website

I'll try to clarify.

Take a look at the image at http://affordableleather.co.uk/k9-pending-orders.jpg

You can see there that there are four "ghost" orders marked "Pending Submission" which appear to have been caused by a customer getting to the payment stage and then going back without completing it. One customer has done this multiple times and that was the person who emailed me when I tried to cancel another one of these.

In both cases the customers have subsequenly completed their orders, so I wanted to get delete these ghost orders such that, when I look at the Order Centre, I don't have any marked Pending and Cancelled.

This means I can see at a glance if there any new additions to that category which I need to deal with, instead of having to remember how many there were previously or go into it to check if there's actually anything new.

However the only way that K9 Order Manager will let me do anything to these orders is if I Initialise them first and then, when I cancel them, the customer gets an email message.

I would prefer to be able to make my own choice as to when or if my customers get sent messages, which I can do with some of the ones that K9 produces, but, clearly, not all of them.

#5 03-19-2021 08:31:28

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Use System / Database / Raw DB Admin to Execute a Raw SQL Statement like this (replace ORDERID with the order id you want to cancel):

Code:

UPDATE ecom_orders SET suppresscustemail=1 WHERE id='ORDERID'

Then initialize and cancel the order.  That will prevent the emails from firing to the customer for it.  If you have orders showing up in Pending Submission, you likely have a processing configuration issue.  Those are processed orders which payment was not received on due to a processing failure.  Orders only show up there when there are issues and the customer likely thinks they placed the order.

Nick Hendler

#6 03-19-2021 08:56:12

Graham
Website

webmaster wrote:

Use System / Database / Raw DB Admin to Execute a Raw SQL Statement like this (replace ORDERID with the order id you want to cancel):

Code:

UPDATE ecom_orders SET suppresscustemail=1 WHERE id='ORDERID'

Then initialize and cancel the order.  That will prevent the emails from firing to the customer for it.

I thought this had worked, but I've just had a message saying the order was cancelled.

Where you say "ORDERID", do you mean eg ORD202103191?

If you have orders showing up in Pending Submission, you likely have a processing configuration issue.  Those are processed orders which payment was not received on due to a processing failure.  Orders only show up there when there are issues and the customer likely thinks they placed the order.

I've just replicated the condition by creating an order, going through the checkout process and getting to the Worldpay payment gateway, then hitting the back button on my browser.

This creates the "ghost order" whilst still leaving the item in the customer's shopping cart, allowing them to proceed through the payment process again.

I don't mind this happening (well, I do, but I can't make them pay!) as long as I can cancel the "Pending" orders without the customer thinking I've cancelled their purchase entirely.

Last edited by Graham (03-19-2021 09:02:00)

#7 03-21-2021 20:58:48

frank-track13

Graham wrote:

Where you say "ORDERID", do you mean eg ORD202103191?

Yes, you would enter the actual order number and not ORDERID.

Frank

Board footer