Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-11-2021 15:48:16

Graham
Website

Adding videos to categories and products

I've got some product videos hosted on YouTube, but, due to the adult nature of my goods, instead of the a preview on the page, the user just sees a box saying "This video is age restricted and can only be viewed on YouTube".

I want to host my own video and I've uploaded them to my site, but on the category display it only shows a small white on black "play" arrow and, on products, it has the same arrow and the words "Watch Video", neither of which are very eye catching and could easily be overlooked.

I'd like to be able to embed a thumbnail of the video at the top of the Category or in the middle of the product description as appropriate which links to the clip, but I'm not sure how to reference this without having to hard code it into the description (as I've already had to do with the embedded YouTube videos) and then I'd need to edit that if I wanted to change it instead of updating the product offer.

#2 03-12-2021 10:30:31

frank-track13

Re: Adding videos to categories and products

Graham:

Without hardcoding it into the product or category description section the only way to achieve an embedded video would be custom modding the software.

Frank

#3 03-12-2021 10:35:24

Graham
Website

That's a shame.

It seems like a very useful thing to have if the software is designed to include videos from the outset.

#4 03-15-2021 07:26:15

frank-track13

Graham, we will definitely take your request into consideration.

Frank

Board footer