Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-19-2021 06:45:47

sqm24

Shipping Method - set default on check out page

Hi,

I have just completed writing a custom script for calculating shipping charges. In that script UK England and Wales get offered a click and collect which is free. However, this means this is the cheapest and so is the default selected one when the customer gets to the check out page. I can for see problems with this and lots of customer not changing the shipping method to the standard delivery one and we will end up having to ring lots of customers up to check if they really do want to come and collect.

Is there away to force the default shipping method to a particular shipping method on the check out page?

Thanks,
Simon

#2 02-19-2021 09:26:00

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Shipping Method - set default on check out page

If you remove the Click & Collect option from your custom shipping script, then set up a local pickup option using Store / Component / Settings / Shipping Settings, the local pickup option will be presented last in the list (even though it's free).

Nick Hendler

#3 02-19-2021 09:52:35

sqm24

Thanks for pointing that out. I had it set to a different country to the address I was testing with, so did not see it and had forgot about it. I feel a right plonker now, such an obvious thing!

Simon.

#4 02-22-2021 09:05:32

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Sometimes you get so close, you just have to step back.  It happens to all of us.

Nick Hendler

Board footer