Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-05-2021 06:52:50

Graham
Website

Problems with Pound sign in googlebase.xml feed

I've downloaded the Google Shopping Feed Xmod and installed it, but when I tried uploading the googlebase.xml file to the shopping feed, it said there was an error.

It seems it's because I was using the HTML £ sign rather than £ for the GBP pound sign which XML accepts.

I know the Xmod runs as a Cron job every night, but is there a way I can trigger this to force it to run sooner so I don't have to wait until tomorrow to check the feed?

#2 02-05-2021 08:34:48

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Problems with Pound sign in googlebase.xml feed

Assuming you corrected the error (view the XML file, find the offer the error was associated with, fix name/description to correct error), then you can force cron to run by:

(1) Access System / Database / Raw DB Admin and navigate to the Submit Raw SQL Statement function.  Submit this statement:

UPDATE core_settings SET value=1 WHERE id LIKE '%.cron_%_last'

(2) Access your homepage, which will trigger all cron jobs to run.

Nick Hendler

#3 02-09-2021 12:00:50

Graham
Website

I seem to have got this fixed now by changing the symbol for the Pound sign to & # 163 ; (I have to put the spaces in, otherwise the forum software changes the code to a £ symbol!)

Thinking about the cron job part, I have a vague recollection of you mentioning (possibly in v8) that there was going to be a "Run cron jobs now" button rather than having to go into Raw DB Admin and submit an SQL statement.

Did that not get implemented?

Last edited by Graham (02-09-2021 12:02:17)

#4 02-10-2021 09:57:07

webmaster
Administrator
Website

No, that was not implemented. In K9 cron became processing intensive if you added XMODs on like Amazon, eBay, etc. so we implemented server-triggered cron instead and recommend that for sites using channel XMODs and large sites producing big sitemaps.

Nick Hendler

Board footer