Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-28-2021 06:02:03

nigel
Website

site not secure error

Hi,
probably not a software issue but hopefully someone will be able to help me with this. A few days ago I started having an issue with my website. I receive the following error message:

It looks like the webpage at https://mywebsite/admin.php?app=ecom&ns=submenu&ref=xxxxxxxx might be having issues or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

I can access my website on some browsers but most give me the above message. My SSL certificate is valid and up-to-date. Could this simply be a network problem? Perhaps someone on the forum can have a quick run through my website and let me know if you have any issues?

Footnote: It seems to work fine on mobile devices. Edge and Chrome are the most problematic.

thanks in advance!!

Last edited by nigel (01-28-2021 06:04:01)

#2 01-28-2021 08:33:50

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: site not secure error

Do you receive that error all the time, or is it intermittent, or did you just see it once?  Is it only an issue on the admin side?  Do you have a stock K9 install, or have you modified it?  Are you running any sort of web-based firewall like Securi?  Are there any httpd-based services running like mod_security that manipulate requests?  Do you have cron configured to run via K9 or a server-side crontab job?  Is mail working alright?  Is the issue with the domain linked to in your signature?

Nick Hendler

#3 01-28-2021 11:11:16

ElectroSpares

Hi Nigel
Just tried and Kaspersky internet security displayed.

Visiting an untrustworthy website has been prevented

One or more of this website's certificates are invalid, so we can't guarantee its authenticity. This happens when the website's owner hasn't updated the certificate in time, or if it's a fake site created by scammers. Visiting a website like this makes you more vulnerable to attack.

URL: wwwoybcycles.com
Reason: Authorization for this certificate or one of the certificates in the certificate chain was canceled.

You were protected from visiting this website by Kaspersky security. You can close this window with no risk.

#4 01-28-2021 12:12:42

nigel
Website

thanks Nick for getting back to me, and thank you ElectroSpares for checking my website.
I contacted my host yesterday and they told me the ssl certificate was fine. I contacted them again today and received the following response:

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences that this might have caused you. Our SSL provider advised us to reissue all SSL certificates issued before 15th August 2020 and expire after 21st January 2021 to avoid trust errors.
This has now been fixed.

It looks like everything is working now.
Thanks again!!

Board footer