Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-19-2020 11:42:26

Graham
Website

Importing from v8 to v9 from a different URL

I have installed Kryptronic v9 on my hosts at affordableleather.co.uk

I have copied all the files from my old v8 install to a folder set up using cPanel to public_html/

I am trying to run the importer from v8 to v9 and, as far as I can tell, the full server path for the old config.php should be /public_html/ccp8-before-K9-Install-2020-11-18/web/ccp8/config.php

However when I run this, I get the following message:

The following errors were encountered while attempting to process your request: 1. The directory path for the public config.php used by your software installation is incorrect. The path specified does not exist. 2. The directory path for the public config.php used by your software installation is incorrect. The file referenced is invalid. 3. The directory path for the public config.php used by your software installation is incorrect. The file referenced points to an incomplete installation. 4. The directory path for the public config.php used by your software installation is incorrect. The file referenced refers to invalid database connection information.

When I use cPanel it tells me that public_htlm is in /home/sl43tit0/ but I've tried adding that without any success.

I don't understand what the problem is and would be grateful if you could help.

Alternatively the current live site is running on https://www.affordable-leather.co.uk/we … config.php

If you can tell me how to point the importer to that, this might be a better option.

Please help so I can get my site working.

#2 11-20-2020 08:04:30

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Importing from v8 to v9 from a different URL

Sounds like the config file is at: /home/sl43tit0/public_html/ccp8-before-K9-Install-2020-11-18/web/ccp8/config.php

The private path in that file will need to be changed as well, and you will need to point the private config.php file to your MySQL database on that server as well.

Basically, you need to get V8 in an operational state in that directory before you can import data into K9 from it.  Submit a support ticket for this if you can't figure it out.  There will be a charge as you're self-hosted.

Nick Hendler

#3 11-20-2020 08:17:15

Graham
Website

webmaster wrote:

Sounds like the config file is at: /home/sl43tit0/public_html/ccp8-before-K9-Install-2020-11-18/web/ccp8/config.php

I have tried that, but the error messages state:

1. The directory path for the public config.php used by your software installation is incorrect. The path specified does not exist.

2. The directory path for the public config.php used by your software installation is incorrect.

Are these error messages correct in what they are saying?

The information given on the importer readme file is not clear.

Alternatively, is there a way of pointing the importer to the old v8 install at the previous url?

#4 11-20-2020 20:29:46

Graham
Website

Given that I'm moving the install over to a new web domain, I think it would be more sensible to download the database from the old v8 site, then simply reset the registration for the v8 site so I could install it in a sub-folder of the new domain.

I can then copy the database into the v8 install and, after that, run the installer on the new domain (where K9 is installed) and pull the data off the v8 install without needing to worry about getting it from a different domain.

#5 11-23-2020 07:39:51

webmaster
Administrator
Website

That sounds like a good plan.  You basically have to have V8 configured to run wherever you're importing it from.  That means the public config.php file needs to point to valid, existing public and private server paths, and the private config.php file has to point to a valid, existing database with data in it.

Nick Hendler

#6 11-23-2020 12:40:31

Graham
Website

Sorted now, thanks :-)

#7 11-24-2020 08:14:59

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Very good news!