Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-10-2020 05:10:23

zanart

Paypal Payment Methods

Hi Nick

Hoping you can explain in a better way than Paypal!

I currently use the Standard Method and have no issues with it. My rate with paypal is 1.9% plus 20p per transaction. Again no issues.

Paypal have been phoning me over the last 6 months to tell me I need to change to the Paypal API checkout method. I have always assumed this is the Paypal Express method which I have never used as customers don't earn loyalty points as they checkout as a guest(not even sure if this is still correct, but never been bothered with it). So I have told Paypal I am happy with the standard method and don't want to change.

It now appears Paypal will be increasing all payments using the standard method to a fixed 2.9% plus 30p transaction fee.
It also appears Paypal will be reducing the rate to 1.2% plus 30p transaction fee for payments using their new checkout system.

Any idea what the new checkout system is and is it available for K9?

Rob

#2 10-12-2020 00:41:32

Heatmaster
Website

Re: Paypal Payment Methods

nice

#3 10-12-2020 08:27:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I believe the PayPal API payment method is PayPal Payflow Pro.  We have several clients using it - it's a nice gateway.  Very stable, no issues.  It was built in the late 90s and operated for years by Verisign.  Please verify that's what they're trying to get you to sign up for.

Nick Hendler

#4 10-12-2020 11:04:07

zanart

Hi Nick

I think this is a brand new checkout solution through paypal.
https://www.paypal.com/merchantapps/app … s/checkout

I think(again!) Paypal are trying to get all the payments to go through them, instead of having sagepay for bank cards and paypal for those with a paypal account.

It seems the new checkout system takes over from K9 at the point of checkout and the user can choose to pay via bank card or paypal, but all processed through paypal.

Fixed rate for going through the new checkout system is 1.2% plus 30p. However, if we refuse to use the new checkout, the rate will be 2.9% plus 30p per transaction.

Clearly paypal just want to be soul payment provider on ecommerce sites.

Problem is, I pay a lot less than 1.2% plus 30p for most credit cards and much less for debit cards.

Will probably need intergrating with K9 at some point.

Rob

#5 10-12-2020 14:52:35

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Wondering if "soul payment provider" was intended smile 

This is Website Payments Pro - Direct Method under a different name and login mechanism.  To use it, get SOAP credentials for the API.

Nick Hendler

Board footer