Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-22-2017 11:11:06

GlennMUK

Category 'Brands' - how to remove

Hi

I have all of my categories showing in my Nav but there is one called 'Brands' that is appearing that I don't want.

I cant seem to find it so I can remove it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

#2 04-24-2017 07:20:46

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Category 'Brands' - how to remove

Store / Component / Settings / Manufacturer Displays - set 'Category Menu Display Status' to false.

Nick Hendler

#3 04-24-2017 16:08:27

GlennMUK

See it now.  Thanks Nick.

#4 09-08-2020 01:11:47

visualdave

What about in a multi-site application where I'd like to display "Brands" in the Category Menu on one site but not on the other?  I don't see a "multi-site" option

#5 09-25-2020 09:43:05

webmaster
Administrator
Website

That's what MultiSite settings overrides are for.  Every setting in the system has an id that can be found in the core_settings table using Raw Database Admin.  The id for the 'Category Menu Display Status' setting under Store / Component / Settings / Manufacturer Displays is 'ecom.manusmenudisp'.

### If you want to display brands on the Default site, and not on the MutliSite:

(1) Access Store / Component / Settings / Manufacturer Displays and set 'Category Menu Display Status' to true (1).

(2) Access System / MultiSite / MultiSite Sites, update the MultiSite, using the Settings Overrides tab, add an entry with a Settings ID of 'ecom.manusmenudisp' and a Settings value of '0'.

### If you want to display brands on the MultiSite, and not on the Default site:

(1) Access Store / Component / Settings / Manufacturer Displays and set 'Category Menu Display Status' to false (0).

(2) Access System / MultiSite / MultiSite Sites, update the MultiSite, using the Settings Overrides tab, add an entry with a Settings ID of 'ecom.manusmenudisp' and a Settings value of '1'.

Nick Hendler

Board footer