Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-25-2002 19:24:04

zodwa

Rename Buttons and link

1. I would like to rename the online store button to something else how do I do that ??
2. Also can I change the link to go to some other page ? How do I make this change ??

#2 08-26-2002 07:21:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Rename Buttons and link

(1) Rename that button by changing the image: ./images/buttons/submit_home.gif

(2) Make the link direct your users somewhere else by editing the file: ./cgi-bin/library/modules/site_store.pl.  Just look for an HREF that ends with pg=store&sub_pg=splash.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-28-2002 19:06:34

>(1) Rename that button by changing
>the image: ./images/buttons/submit_home.gif
>
>(2) Make the link direct your
>users somewhere else by editing
>the file: ./cgi-bin/library/modules/site_store.pl.  Just
>look for an HREF that
>ends with pg=store&sub_pg=splash.

The main problem is-- which is the text file where the left navigation buttons are given?
Then we can remove the online store button

#4 08-30-2002 05:33:27

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The button in printed in:

./cgi-bin/library/modules/site_store.pl

Nick Hendler

#5 09-03-2002 14:58:11

>The button in printed in:
>
>./cgi-bin/library/modules/site_store.pl

but I cannot find the page where I can modify the html page. It semas that everything is store in databases that I cannot access. It's the weirdest thing. I cannot mmodify anything. How do you do to update your page? Do you have access to an online software that helps you update? Please tell me otherwise I just don't seam to be able to find the html page. I ofund the script that runs everything. It is CGI. I checked paths and stuff. But the online files I see are moslty .db   which are databases. I try to open the files and it referes to other files. just a big puzzle!

Please give me step by step how to do this !!!

#6 09-04-2002 06:31:43

webmaster
Administrator
Website

In the file I referenced, you will see HTML being printed that displays that button.  Just update the file (comment out the button) and upload it to your server.

Nick Hendler

#7 09-05-2002 16:33:58

>In the file I referenced, you
>will see HTML being printed
>that displays that button. 
>Just update the file (comment
>out the button) and upload
>it to your server.

I tried what you told me and it did not work. I want to change the buttons on the left navigation Img4. Please check your response again and tell me step by step what I need to do. This has been going on for days now but I need this resolved ASAP.
Tell me the right files and step by step what I should do.

#8 09-05-2002 17:51:54

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Oh, that's different.  Within the administrator, edit the HTML site element named 'HTML Site Header'.  You'll find that menu image printed in that element.

Nick Hendler

#9 11-19-2002 19:44:52

Did you ever figure out exactly how to do this?? I need help with this as well!!!

#10 11-19-2002 22:44:18

What in the header are you trying to change? It's easy enough to add, delete, or change buttons, modify the header, or add html. If you tell me exactly what you're trying to achieve, I can help you.

#11 08-28-2003 08:37:10

Thanks guys, I couldn't find this anywhere... been looking for a couple of days. Thanks to your post's I was able to get rid of these annoying buttons.

Amy

Board footer