Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-24-2002 16:56:52

title images

Hello,
I put my wifes website on neuralgrid as a sub-domain. About half of the title images work and half the pages the script uses the title_none.gif. In admin the edit html pages has the right names for the titles and I uploaded the images/titles folder three times (binary) and set permissions. The data/site/site_modules.db has all the info correct. I can't figure out why half the images don't get picked up.
Any ideas?
Thanks

#2 08-26-2002 07:19:45

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: title images

If you're on a Unix/Linux server, make sure your case is correct both in the titles folder and in site_modules.db.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-26-2002 10:18:13

>If you're on a Unix/Linux server,
>make sure your case is
>correct both in the titles
>folder and in site_modules.db.

I don't understand why it's not working. All the images are loser case and so is the references in site_modules.db. They are all there and named correctly. This was the first thing I checked, yet I was able to fix the html pages by going into admin edit html pages and writing in none.gif submit it then bring the page back up and write in the proper file name and this worked. I have no idea why this worked since the site_modules.db read exactly the same before and after doing this. What's being changed besides the site_modules.db? At any rate, all the html pages that the title can be edited have been fixed.
The only pages that aren't currently working are the pages that the title image is not changable through the admin. ie. the splash page, maillist page, etc. What do I need to change to get these pages to work correctly.
Thanks

#4 08-27-2002 18:51:41

I took the time to upload the data/site_modules, cgi-bin, and the images using Smart FTP. WSFTP was stripping text from the uploads. I noticed this when I compared the site_store_splash.pl with the original file. At any rate, I was back to square one with about half of the pages missing the title image. This time I did something different. I brought up the pages in edit html pages and did nothing at all except to submit the page. This restored the title image to the pages. I still have no title image for the store, search or maillist pages.
What needs to be done to restore the images to these pages that are not editable in admin?
Thanks

#5 08-30-2002 05:32:44

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Your issue makes no sense as the titles are all pulled from site_modules.db.  The only thing that I can think of is that you've got white space behind the image names in site_modules.db for the ones that you haven't been able to update via admin.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.  I didn't check the message because it already had posts back to it.

Nick Hendler

#6 08-30-2002 08:23:48

That was the problem. The space doesn't have any effect running on windows.
Thanks for the idea.

Board footer