Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-08-2020 09:02:50

sqm24

SELECT_TABLE and adding new fields to a form

Hi,

I’m attempting to up date the user front end create account form with some extra fields. I’ve added these to the table core_formfields and connected them to the core.createaccount and they show OK when just a text field.

However, I want some to be a selection drop down. So I created a new table with the data in it to be pulled from. Then I set the type to SELECT-TABLE and in typeparam put in a select statement base on other fields and changing the table it was picking up from.

The select field displays, but it is empty. What am I missing is there some coding to do or is there other tables to be changed to get it to work?

Simon.

#2 04-08-2020 10:32:48

zanart

Re: SELECT_TABLE and adding new fields to a form

Not really too sure what you are doing, but if you want to create a drop down list with just a few options, it may be easier to use SELECT-CUSTOM instead of SELECT-TABLE and then add the options to the core_selectcustom table.

Rob

#3 04-09-2020 06:16:11

sqm24

Re: SELECT_TABLE and adding new fields to a form

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. That does seem a simpler way and uses whats already there without me having to re-invent the wheel.

Simon.

Board footer