Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-19-2020 06:07:32

Graham
Website

Install V9 to new domain, but copy original domain data

I installed my K9 upgrade into a sub-domain of my affordable-leather.co.uk domain (see https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=34011)

But I've now decided that what I really want to do is migrate the whole site over to affordableleather.co.uk (without the dash or hyphen) because that symbol seems to cause some people problems (like someone was trying to go to affordabledashleather.co.uk!!)

Can I simply copy over the existing folders by saving them out via FTP and then uploading them to the new domain?

Also do I have to create new SQL databases or can I copy those across too?

#2 03-19-2020 07:21:13

zanart

Re: Install V9 to new domain, but copy original domain data

are the two domain names on the same server package?

Rob

#3 03-19-2020 08:37:56

webmaster
Administrator
Website

1. Copy over the entire filesystem to the new server.

2. Get a SQL file containing your database from your old server.

3. Create a new database on the new server and load the SQL file into it.

4. Contact Kryptronic support with your license key (open a free ticket) asking that it be reset due to a server move / domain change.  Wait for confirmation the key has been reset.

5. Run the installer.php script on the new server and update your URLs, cookie paths and database access info.  Everything else should stay the same.  Do not update/install any software (skip those steps), and there's no need to reload the database on the last step.

6. Redirect the old domain over to the domain on the new server using a 301 redirect.  Ensure that redirect stays in place for six months.

Nick Hendler

#4 03-19-2020 08:41:07

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Also, consider moving over to Kryptronic Managed Hosting.  We could set the new domain up here for you and handle the full move and redirect setup at no charge beyond your monthly hosting cost here.

Nick Hendler

#5 03-20-2020 16:33:32

Graham
Website

I've re-installed to affordableleather.co.uk and (as far as I can tell) set up everything correctly but I can't log in to the admin.php

Whenever I do it tells me my log in details are wrong.

The URL I used on the original installation was http://www.affordableleather.co.uk/public_html with a cookie domain of .affordableleather.co.uk and a cookie path of /

I've tried changing the password which appears to work ok, but it still won't recognise my details.

I then tried changing the URL to remove /public_html with a cookie domain of .affordableleather.co.uk and a cookie path of / but then your server didn't recognise this saying:

The central server did not approve the request submitted. The server replied with this message: An error was encountered: The application URL used to submit this request does not match the application URL on record for the license key submitted. The application URL on record appears to be currently active. Please contact Kryptronic at kryptronic.com to resolve this issue.

Please can you advise how I can get this working.

Last edited by Graham (03-20-2020 16:35:32)

#6 03-22-2020 07:49:11

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The install URL should be: https://affordableleather.co.uk/.  Perhaps you're losing all your post data on the logins, etc. due to redirects.  Ensure you have the software set up on a URL that is full SSL all the time.

Nick Hendler

Board footer