Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-03-2020 10:04:27

dharrison
Website

Customers aren't receiving order confirmation

Hi

I have made a test order to my store and have not received a customer confirmation of order.  I believe this is a legal requirement.

Please advise if this is a setting or something seriously amiss with our website. https://thelivingstore.co.uk/

I look forward to resolving this shortly.

Deb Harrison

#2 03-04-2020 10:25:29

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Customers aren't receiving order confirmation

I would assume this has more to do with you using you client's email address (ray@... non- thelivingstore.co.uk address) for all your mails.  You can adjust that using System / Mail / Mail Messages.  Update all messages so they use from/to/cc addresses @thelivingstore.co.uk.  That will rule out DNS/SPF based delivery issues.  It's doubtful thelivingstore.co.uk has SPF-based permission to send emails using the your client's email address.

Nick Hendler

#3 03-04-2020 12:12:36

dharrison
Website

webmaster wrote:

I would assume this has more to do with you using you client's email address (ray@... non- thelivingstore.co.uk address) for all your mails.  You can adjust that using System / Mail / Mail Messages.  Update all messages so they use from/to/cc addresses @thelivingstore.co.uk.  That will rule out DNS/SPF based delivery issues.  It's doubtful thelivingstore.co.uk has SPF-based permission to send emails using the your client's email address.

ok this wasn't an issue before and they are receiving / sending out other emails.  Is this just for  proces of elimination?

Deb Harrison

#4 03-05-2020 09:25:38

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This is to rule out delivery issues due to the emails coming from the store being treated as spam.  Another thing you can do is run the debugger while placing an order and look for any errors in the debug file associated with sending the order confirmation mail.

Nick Hendler

#5 03-06-2020 06:13:03

dharrison
Website

webmaster wrote:

This is to rule out delivery issues due to the emails coming from the store being treated as spam.  Another thing you can do is run the debugger while placing an order and look for any errors in the debug file associated with sending the order confirmation mail.

How do i run the debugger?  Please advise

Deb Harrison

#6 03-06-2020 09:02:34

dharrison
Website

Also i am sceptical of changing the email address on this account because wouldn't that affect the login as well.

Please could someone advise?

Deb Harrison

#7 03-06-2020 09:41:31

webmaster
Administrator
Website

dharrison wrote:

How do i run the debugger?  Please advise

https://kryptronic.com/DEVMANUAL/Troubl … bugger.php

Also i am sceptical of changing the email address on this account because wouldn't that affect the login as well.

Yes it will.  Which shouldn't matter because you'd need to change it to a valid email address you have access to.

Nick Hendler

#8 03-06-2020 12:50:51

dharrison
Website

Hi

Ok this is the debug

SENSITIVE INFO REMOVED

Deb Harrison

#9 03-06-2020 13:11:08

dharrison
Website

Also The site information email address is set to sales@thelivingstore.co.uk at  Dashboard / System / Component / Settings / Mail Settings

I have set override from Address to True, but again it has made to difference.

Please help.

Deb Harrison

#10 03-09-2020 05:00:28

dharrison
Website

Made no difference I mean

Deb Harrison

#11 03-09-2020 07:52:19

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The debug output you posted was for a belogin_proc() call (backend logout) and no mail was sent or errors encountered.

Nick Hendler

#12 03-09-2020 08:49:49

dharrison
Website

Ok.  Well we still are not receiving customer confirmations.  Please could someone help or advise.

Deb Harrison

#13 03-09-2020 08:53:08

dharrison
Website

Ok.  Well we still are not receiving customer confirmations.  Please could someone help or advise?

Deb Harrison

#14 03-09-2020 09:00:25

zanart

you need to check the debug at the point of the problem.
Therefore you need to place an order through the website, when you get to the order confirmation page you need to check the debug to see why the email didn't send.
Search for 'error' in the debug report until you see the reason why the email didn't send.

You probably don't even need to create a new order. Just go to Dashboard / Store / Orders / Order Center and go into any pending or completed order. Click Send Mail Messages and resend the internal order confirmation.

Rob

#15 03-09-2020 09:10:10

dharrison
Website

Hi Zenart
It's still not working.  We have placed many a test order.

Deb Harrison

#16 03-09-2020 09:59:44

garden1

We had a similar problem on three different occasions, each of which ended up having nothing to do with the online store.

The first time was because we had a shared-hosting plan with a lesser-known hosting provider with lax oversight. Another user was abusing their account.  Since it was a shared-server and their IP address was our IP address, and that IP address was black-listed, all of our e-mails were getting filtered out.

The second time was due to a php-version issue.

Third time was because of a misconfiguration of the way our server handled e-mail.  This misconfiguration happened when we switched to a new hosting provider.  We contacted them and they were able to sort it out for us.

I would suggest that you also contact your hosting provider (looks like you use easyspace.com), just in case there's a problem on their end that they can help you with.

#17 03-09-2020 12:30:40

dharrison
Website

Hi garden1

Ok.  The issue seems to have been resolved.  I have just received a test mail.

Thanks for your help smile

Deb Harrison

#18 03-18-2020 10:31:12

dharrison
Website

Hi

I have just had to test the system again.

Settings are as follows:

Dashboard / System / Component / Settings / Mail Settings is set as sales@thelivingstore(etc)

Dashboard / System / Mail / Mail Messages

for order complete and order confirmation message mail recipients (both customer and internal)

Default: sales@thelivingstore

Default Message recipient (to:)  {SESSION:email}

Additional Message Recipients (TO)
ray@eicdirect(etc)

Additional Message Recipients (CC)
sales@thelivingstore(etc)

Please advise if this is correct.

Deb Harrison

#19 03-19-2020 08:33:29

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Is the from address really set to 'sales@thelivingstore' without a top level domain?  That should read 'sales@thelivingstore.co.uk'.  Otherwise, it looks right.

Nick Hendler

#20 03-19-2020 08:34:15

dharrison
Website

no I said (etc)  to represent .co.uk

And no it doesn't work.  In fact I just tried to use the contact form and I get this message:

"You did not complete all of the required fields before submitting this form. Fields missing data are highlighted. Please try again."

Please could someone help to resolve this because this has gone on too long now?  Even if you want a temporary login

Last edited by dharrison (03-19-2020 08:39:23)

Deb Harrison

#21 03-19-2020 08:42:21

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You can open a support ticket: https://kryptronic.com/Form/TECHTICKET

Nick Hendler

#22 03-19-2020 10:41:56

zanart

Just checking on your post 18 settings.

For order confirmation Internal, I have
Default Message Sender (FROM)*{SESSION:email}
Default Message Recipient (TO)* MY EMAIL ADDRESS

For Order confirmation Customer, I have
Default Message Sender (FROM)* MY EMAIL ADDRESS
Default Message Recipient (TO)* {SESSION:email}

So the sender/recipient are opposite way round.

Your post 18 indicates you have the settings the same for internal and customer emails, which may be causing an issue.

What are your settings for the Contact email?

Last edited by zanart (03-19-2020 10:42:31)

Rob

#23 03-19-2020 19:39:37

garden1

Nick, please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this:

Our emails just stoped sending again for a fourth time. I had always assumed that emails were sent using the PHP mail() function, but they are apparently sent using 'sendmail'. It uses SMTP (much like sending an email from your computer or phone) and needs to connect to a real e-mail account.  It has to have all the correct login information for your email account. If the username, server, or password are incorrect, then emails won't send.  I don't know if there is a way of updating the SMTP account information in the installer or the back-end. I just went into the config.php in the private folder and updated it there.  Now it's working great for me!

#24 03-20-2020 06:12:08

zanart

You can change the email setting via the config.php file or installer.php.

All the settings need to be correct for the email to be sent/received.

If you change your email password for whatever reason, you need to remember to change it in K9 via the installer.php or config.php file

Rob

#25 03-20-2020 08:25:04

webmaster
Administrator
Website

garden1 wrote:

Nick, please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this:

Our emails just stoped sending again for a fourth time. I had always assumed that emails were sent using the PHP mail() function, but they are apparently sent using 'sendmail'. It uses SMTP (much like sending an email from your computer or phone) and needs to connect to a real e-mail account.  It has to have all the correct login information for your email account. If the username, server, or password are incorrect, then emails won't send.  I don't know if there is a way of updating the SMTP account information in the installer or the back-end. I just went into the config.php in the private folder and updated it there.  Now it's working great for me!

You can configure the mail to be sent via PHP mail(), sendmail or SMTP when running the installer.php script.  If you have set the mail up to use SMTP, and your SMTP server requires authentication, then you need to enter an email address and password for the connection.  The installer will test to be sure it can send a mail and will fail if it can't.  If after you set that up you change your mail password or delete your mail account, the program will not be able to send mail using SMTP until corrected.  Typically you can connect to SMTP via host localhost on port 25 or 587 without authentication (as it's a verified local connection through loopback IP 127.0.0.1).

Nick Hendler

Board footer