Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-27-2020 06:14:32

dharrison
Website

A few little things after Upgrade

Hi

We have just upgraded form EuropaCart 8 to Kryptronic 9.  We have a few minor issues that we cannot work out:

The home page (despite the settings being identical) are not displaying featured products or special offers.  how can we get this working.

How can we list our categories alphabetically?

Our order emails are coming through as text only, how can we display them in HTML format?

Please advise.

Deb Harrison

#2 02-27-2020 08:59:15

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: A few little things after Upgrade

(1) To get featured products displaying on the splash page, ensure you have this code in your splash page (using Website / Content / Webpages, update the splash page):

Code:

<?php $this->include_namespace('ecom','prodfeature');  ?>

And ensure that product offers have a Featured Products Slot selected for the Display Areas field in the Display - Content tab under Store / Catalog / Product Offers.

(2) To list categories alphabetically by default, edit {private}/apps/ecom/ECOM_Prod/ECOM_Prod.php.  Edit the prodlist() function.  In there, change:

Code:

$kprodsort = 'DEFAULT';

To:

Code:

$kprodsort = 'NAMEUP';

(3) You can enable HTML format for mails using System / Mail / Mail Messages.  Each mail message has a Send XHTML Message (In Addition to Text) field.  This field is true/on by default.  If it is on and you're not getting HTML mails, I would assume that's an issue with your mail client as the software would be sending HTML mails if that's turned on for the particular message being sent.

You posted these same questions in a support ticket, however the forum is the proper place for this kind of stuff.  Thanks for posting here.  We're updating that ticket to point you back here for the answers.

Nick Hendler

#3 02-27-2020 09:45:30

dharrison
Website

Thanks

We also have an issue where no prices are showing?  Look at https://www.thelivingstore.co.uk/Item/d … tch-ny8192 and you'll see what I mean.

Deb Harrison

#4 02-27-2020 09:49:47

dharrison
Website

webmaster wrote:

(1) To get featured products displaying on the splash page, ensure you have this code in your splash page (using Website / Content / Webpages, update the splash page):

Code:

<?php $this->include_namespace('ecom','prodfeature');  ?>

And ensure that product offers have a Featured Products Slot selected for the Display Areas field in the Display - Content tab under Store / Catalog / Product Offers.

I tried that and the code is already there..  So are the offers

Deb Harrison

#5 02-27-2020 09:58:40

dharrison
Website

webmaster wrote:

(2) To list categories alphabetically by default, edit {private}/apps/ecom/ECOM_Prod/ECOM_Prod.php.  Edit the prodlist() function.  In there, change:

Code:

$kprodsort = 'DEFAULT';

To:

Code:

$kprodsort = 'NAMEUP';

This is also making no difference.  Could it be from importing using the old files from yesterday?

Deb Harrison

#6 02-27-2020 10:45:53

webmaster
Administrator
Website

dharrison wrote:

I tried that and the code is already there..  So are the offers

Then it should work.  Those are the only two things that need to happen.  What page are you looking at?

dharrison wrote:

This is also making no difference.  Could it be from importing using the old files from yesterday?

I assume you clicked to sort via name up/down or price up/down at some point in a product listing.  Click the triangle next to the word Sort in the product listings to sort via the default method (in your case NAMEUP). 

The only other thing I can think of is make sure you are editing and working with the actual live site and it's files.

Nick Hendler

#7 02-27-2020 12:35:41

dharrison
Website

I'm looking at https://thelivingstore.co.uk/

dharrison wrote:

I assume you clicked to sort via name up/down or price up/down at some point in a product listing.  Click the triangle next to the word Sort in the product listings to sort via the default method (in your case NAMEUP). 

The only other thing I can think of is make sure you are editing and working with the actual live site and it's files.

This is now the live site.  And we cannot launch unless the site is working.
Please help.

Deb Harrison

#8 02-27-2020 12:54:29

dharrison
Website

Whereabouts am I looking in the product listing?  The site or the back end?  I need clarity.

Deb Harrison

#9 02-28-2020 08:52:42

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You can see an example on this page:

https://kryptronic.com/DEV/public/Categ … Amplifiers

You'll see the sort options near the top of the page (DEFAULT Sort Name + Name - Price + Price -).

Nick Hendler

#10 02-28-2020 08:55:12

dharrison
Website

I do, but what I am referring to is the listings in the left sidebar titled Products.

below the black navigation in the gret area on the left hand side.

https://thelivingstore.co.uk/

Deb Harrison

#11 02-28-2020 09:37:16

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Those are your categories in a skin widget.  Not a product list.  To sort that list alphabetically, edit {private}/apps/ecom/ECOM/includes/skinwidget_categories.php and change the sort from 'sortorder' to 'name' in the SQL statement near the top of the include.

Nick Hendler

#12 02-28-2020 09:41:42

dharrison
Website

Thank you Nick

Deb Harrison

Board footer