Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-28-2020 20:58:36

larry

Error on upgrade to 9.0.3 database reload

I know I am way late in running this upgrade, its only been a year!   Everything went great upgrading from v 9.0.2, until the database reload step.   I received an error on multiple tables (core_users,  ecom_orderitems, ecom_orders, and ecom_prod)  like the one below:

"An error was encountered while performing the database load task requested. Error Information: The MySQLi extension encountered a problem submitting an SQL statement. MySQLi reported the error as: Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL Submitted: ALTER TABLE core_users ADD COLUMN acctsystermsavail VARCHAR(50) DEFAULT ''"

To get around this in the short term, I changed a few fields, that I know we don't use, in each table to TEXT, and made a record of those changes in case it causes a problem down the road. Then reran the database reload step until it blasted through ok.   But I'm interested to know what might be causing this?  I don't think those table records are any where near 8126 bytes.  and none of the tables in the list were ever modified by me.  Any ideas?

Laurie Stephens

#2 01-29-2020 08:57:15

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Error on upgrade to 9.0.3 database reload

No idea here, other than you probably have configuration on the database level limiting row size.  Perhaps check /etc/my.cnf, adjust and restart MySQL.  You're going to need way more than 8126 and 50 chars per field to run this software.  The changes you made will likely result in malfunctions.

Nick Hendler

#3 01-29-2020 12:51:26

larry

our hosting company says its a hard MYSQL limit - https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en … limit.html - and cannot be changed.

are we using a new version of mysql?

Laurie Stephens

#4 01-30-2020 10:53:10

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I read the error wrong.  What is the table type for the tables in the MySQL database?  Are they INNODB?  Do you have a bunch of extra (non-stock) columns in any of the tables?

Nick Hendler

#5 01-30-2020 14:35:06

larry

None of the tables that had a problem have any added custom fields. 
When I dumped the table structure for core_users it shows ENGINE=InnoDB CHARSET=latin1

Laurie Stephens

#6 01-31-2020 08:46:50

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Change that to MyISAM and see if that helps.  If it does, change all the tables in the database to MyISAM.  I'm not sure why this is an issue on your server.  We have not run into this before, and all the tables are well within the limits referenced in the link you posted.

Nick Hendler

Board footer