Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-01-2019 07:18:10

CrownRoyal

is there a way to block ip addresses?

We're being targeted with fraudulent purchases. Payment made through PayPal Pro on our site. Customer address is not verified by PayPal. Product shipped with tracking (no signature my mistake). After shipping, customers filed a chargeback and was successful. They then received the product and accepted it. So we are out $350.

A different person with an address on the other side of the country bought same product a few days later. I canceled the order. I realized this morning that the IP address is the same.

#2 11-01-2019 07:23:40

zanart

Re: is there a way to block ip addresses?

can't you ban them here:
Dashboard / System / Component / Settings / Security

Never tried it, but I assume thats what the Banned Ip box is for.

Rob

#3 11-01-2019 07:33:48

CrownRoyal

I'll take a look. I thought I saw something like that when the software was first installed, just couldn't remember. Getting older each day.... Thanks zanart.

#4 01-05-2020 20:42:44

tony
Website

We have this issue too I found it easier to block the IP address in our new merchant account which is authorize.net. That way it covers all of our websites at once. Fraud is growing. We had paypal payflow gateway and pp merchant account but it seemed they were more interested in collecting the fee's when we lost all the charge backs they sent us. 3 times our fraud settings were turned off during a pp update on their end so we got orders with no address, no zip match no cvn match and didnt catch it until we had fraudulant orders and they made us pay for all of them. Hope that does not happen to you but if you have a PP merchant account watch your fraud filters. They never even said sorry!

#5 01-21-2020 07:04:59

mitchellee95
Website

Thanks for making this question. This resolved my issue!

Board footer