Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 12-04-2019 19:39:40

Shopper

last order step goes wrong after backup installation

Hi,

after a harddisk crash on the server we had to copy the database and the shop software (version 8) back to the server.
Everything seems to work fine, except the last step when I place the order.
I have tested 2 options:
1. the price is reduced to 0 with a discount code and
2. by purchase order
When I click process order the page is in both cases redirected to the index.php page but shows pure text information in a few lines (Thank you for your order ... and then the order information) - no styling - and the order emails are not sent. The order is stored in the database and I find it in the backoffice. If I choose Paypal I am redirected to Paypal but haven't tested the redirection from Paypal to the shop after payment.

What steps can I do to fix this? I can make a new installation but don' want to loose customer information. I tried already the installer.php until step 12 but this didn't fix it.

#2 12-05-2019 09:03:03

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: last order step goes wrong after backup installation

You say that the order confirmation page only produces a few lines of unstyled text and then nothing.  That indicates that somewhere after the confirmation message is printed, the software is experiencing an error and crashing.  This could be during producing the mails.  I recommend re-running the installer and selecting a different mail method (like PHP mail) and then test again to rule that out.

Nick Hendler

#3 12-05-2019 14:43:28

Shopper

Thank you for the answer.

This did not fix it. I have tested that php-mail is working.
Maybe best is to reinstall the software.
Can I import the userdata into the newly installed database or can I keep the current database and reinstall everything else?

#4 12-06-2019 09:18:08

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You can keep the current database and reinstall everything else.  Run the installer and choose to overwrite and update all files when prompted on the core and application update steps.  On the last step, reload with recently changed files.  Your data will remain intact and will not be harmed.  Backup your database to an SQL file ahead of time to have a copy handy just in case.

Nick Hendler

#5 12-06-2019 14:47:22

Shopper

Thanks.
Over-installing over the old installation did not work.
I made a new installation into an empty public and private folder, but kept the database. And it worked. A new working installation with settings and database information from the old installation. Just a few design changes and that's it.

Board footer