Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-06-2002 19:19:20

One question before I upgrade

I have custom design work done and don't want to lose any aspect of it. Will the installation of the upgrade affect any of the design. You'd previously mentioned that some tweaking may need to be done if I had modified any of the scripting files (ugh), but I can live with redoing that..it's the design part that would cause me down time, and I don't want to lose biz in the process.

Thanks! Congrats on completing it by the way..I've been watching the soap opera unfold smile

#2 08-06-2002 19:24:46

Re: One question before I upgrade

oops..one more thing. I have an affiliate program intergrated within the site. Will this new upload mean I need to have the affiliate script re-intergrated?

#3 08-06-2002 20:42:24

webmaster
Administrator
Website

There's a site element for the affiliate code, so you can just add your image tag through the administrator.  As far as the upgrade, you may have to replace the buttons and store headings, but all of the HTML and title images, layout, etc. is ported over.

Nick Hendler

#4 08-06-2002 20:45:31

The affiliate program I have is one that I run on the site..not one that I am a participant in. Will I lose the integration of that or will it stand?

#5 08-06-2002 21:47:55

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Did we code that for you?  If it's embedded in the Perl, you'll lose it as CCP5 installs separately from CCP4 and the upgrade imports data from 4 to 5.

Nick Hendler

#6 08-06-2002 21:52:59

no...it was done for me. So what file should I back up in order to save it for future reference as to how to reinsert the coding?(since I am a perl idiot)

#7 08-06-2002 23:12:15

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The code is most likely in

./cgi-bin/library/modules/site_store_order_confirm.pl

Just look in the cgi-bin directories for files with modify dates close to the date you had the scripting done.

Nick Hendler

Board footer