Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-08-2019 04:06:54

zanart

Help Understanding the eBay module

Hi Nick.

I have looked through previous posts but most of the ebay information is from 4 years ago so not sure if it is out of date.

Anyway, I don't use eBay but I am considering giving it a try and want to know how it is set up.

K9 side, I assume I set up a standard inventory item with no options and set it to be included on ebay.

eBay side, do I need to create a subscription to an eBay shop or is a standard seller account sufficient. I assume an eBay shop is the way to go if I am looking at adding lots of products.

So when I create my inventory item, K9 syncs with eBay account via a cron job every 15 or 30 minutes and creates the eBay listing. Does it create a Buy It Now ebay listing??

and when something is sold on eBay, the order is passed through to K9 and the order is available in the K9 admin panel - is that correct??

Rob

#2 10-08-2019 12:06:23

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Help Understanding the eBay module

K9 side, I assume I set up a standard inventory item with no options and set it to be included on ebay.

Correct - then create an eBay Offer for that inventory item right in K9 to list it on eBay.

eBay side, do I need to create a subscription to an eBay shop or is a standard seller account sufficient. I assume an eBay shop is the way to go if I am looking at adding lots of products.

Not sure what the difference is, really.  You need a seller account (which comes with a shop page to my recollection).

So when I create my inventory item, K9 syncs with eBay account via a cron job every 15 or 30 minutes and creates the eBay listing. Does it create a Buy It Now ebay listing??

Correct - K9 creates a buy it now listing with an undetermined end date and inventory controls.

and when something is sold on eBay, the order is passed through to K9 and the order is available in the K9 admin panel - is that correct??

Correct - and when you ship the item in K9 the order is marked as shipped on the eBay side automatically as well.  Full service there.

Nick Hendler

#3 10-08-2019 12:06:51

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Nick Hendler

#4 10-13-2019 08:50:39

zanart

Hi Nick

Struggling to get the connection set up.

The ebay developer site seems to be slightly different to the process outlined in the manual.

On Ebay, I go to the Application Keys overview have 3 keys - App ID, Dev ID and Cert ID.

I assume they should be entered into K9 as follows
Developer Key = Dev ID
Application Key = App ID
Certificate ID = Cert ID.

In ebay I click the User Tokens link next to the App ID.
Under the heading - GET USER TOKEN HERE the Auth'n'Auth radio button is selected and I click the SIGN INTO PRODUCTION button.
This takes me to the main ebay site log in and a long token is produced,

This token is entered into K9 User Token box.

After submitting, I get a error:

An error was encountered while making a remote URL connection. The error returned is: An eBay payment profile could not be loaded for your account. Please create at least one eBay payment profile using the eBay website.

I have returned to ebay and ensured the payment method is set up correctly.

Any ideas?

Rob

#5 10-14-2019 08:45:30

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Just had another client run into this.  You need to ensure you have a payment method set up in your seller account (like PayPal) and that payment method needs to be marked as the default for new listings (I think).  Basically, everything is working and K9 is connecting to eBay, but failing to find any payment methods you've configured there.  This is the payment method for your store (what your eBay customers will use to pay you) and not what you use to pay for eBay orders yourself.

Nick Hendler

#6 10-15-2019 05:51:51

zanart

For future reference......

You don't seem to be able to just set the default accepted payment method in your ebay seller account. You physically have to create a new listing, which then creates the default accepted payment method.
(I was using a brand new ebay account, so this wouldn't have been a problem if trying to connect to an existing ebay account you were already selling from).

After overcoming the default payment connection error, I got a new error:

The error returned is: User must have a store subscription. (13003)

It also seems you need to subscribe to an ebay store. Cheapest UK option is £25 plus VAT a month.
You cannot connect to a basic ebay account.

Rob

#7 10-15-2019 06:45:24

zanart

Any idea what this error means when submitting a ebay offer in K9:

Please correct the following error, which was encountered processing: The item specific Type is missing. Add Type to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again. (21919303)

There doesn't seem to be any field in K9 ebay offers to enter a type???

Rob

#8 10-15-2019 07:56:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Error 21919303 typically has to do with UPC/GTIN issues.  Is the UPC/GTIN correct for this item?  Look at the Barcode field for the Inventory Item you're selling to see what that is.  The error references a 'Type' field, but no field of that name is used.  'ListingType' is always used, and always submitted as 'FixedPriceItem'.

Nick Hendler

#9 10-15-2019 09:22:02

zanart

In Ebay Offers > Suppress UPC/EAN, I have tried setting to both True and False, but still get the same error.

I have tried creating a stand alone Ebay Offer and creating an ebay offer from a current Product offer, but get the same error.

I have also tried reversing the process and creating a new listing on ebay and then importing the new listing over to K9.
The new listing imports and is available in the K9 ebay Offers.
If I Update the new ebay offer in K9 and then click Submit straight away, I get the same error.

Is the UPC/GTIN correct for this item

I am not sure what this means?
I do not use any UPC/GTIN numbers or barcodes, so assume this setting on the ebay offer should be set to True(suppressed)

This is a completely fresh install of K9.

Rob

#10 10-15-2019 10:35:54

zanart

Not sure if I am understanding this correctly, but when I select a primary category via the Get Suggested Categories button when creating an Ebay Offer, I select the one that is most applicable to the item I am selling - picture frames.

Ebay is expecting a whole host of specific item information, but there is nowhere to enter this information and therefore the error is occurring.

K9 debug shows what information ebay is expecting:
CORE_Remote::connect: Received response from URL https://api.ebay.com/ws/api.dll: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <VerifyAddFixedPriceItemResponse xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents"><Timestamp>2019-10-15T15:23:44.656Z</Timestamp><Ack>Failure</Ack><Errors><ShortMessage>You are not opted into Business Policies. To continue using this feature please opt in</ShortMessage><LongMessage>You are not opted into Business Policies. To continue using this feature please opt in using the following link: https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.co.uk/busine … Parameters ParamID="0"><Value>https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.co.uk/businesspolicy/policyoptin</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification></Errors><Errors><ShortMessage>Return policy option deprecated.</ShortMessage><LongMessage>The value specified is no longer supported in certain categories or sites.</LongMessage><ErrorCode>21920203</ErrorCode><SeverityCode>Warning</SeverityCode><ErrorParameters ParamID="0"><Value>ReturnsWithinOption</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification></Errors><Errors><ShortMessage>The item specific Suitable for Photo SizeÂis missing.</ShortMessage><LongMessage>The item specific Suitable for Photo SizeÂis missing.ÂAdd Suitable for Photo Size to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</LongMessage><ErrorCode>21919403</ErrorCode><SeverityCode>Warning</SeverityCode><ErrorParameters ParamID="0"><Value>The item specific Suitable for Photo SizeÂis missing.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="1"><Value>The item specific Suitable for Photo SizeÂis missing.ÂAdd Suitable for Photo Size to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="2"><Value>Suitable for Photo Size</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification></Errors><Errors><ShortMessage>The item specific Item Width (Interior)Âis missing.</ShortMessage><LongMessage>The item specific Item Width (Interior)Âis missing.ÂAdd Item Width (Interior) to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</LongMessage><ErrorCode>21919403</ErrorCode><SeverityCode>Warning</SeverityCode><ErrorParameters ParamID="0"><Value>The item specific Item Width (Interior)Âis missing.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="1"><Value>The item specific Item Width (Interior)Âis missing.ÂAdd Item Width (Interior) to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="2"><Value>Item Width (Interior)</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification></Errors><Errors><ShortMessage>The item specific ColourÂis missing.</ShortMessage><LongMessage>The item specific ColourÂis missing.ÂAdd Colour to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</LongMessage><ErrorCode>21919403</ErrorCode><SeverityCode>Warning</SeverityCode><ErrorParameters ParamID="0"><Value>The item specific ColourÂis missing.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="1"><Value>The item specific ColourÂis missing.ÂAdd Colour to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="2"><Value>Colour</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification></Errors><Errors><ShortMessage>The item specific Item WidthÂis missing.</ShortMessage><LongMessage>The item specific Item WidthÂis missing.ÂAdd Item Width to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</LongMessage><ErrorCode>21919403</ErrorCode><SeverityCode>Warning</SeverityCode><ErrorParameters ParamID="0"><Value>The item specific Item WidthÂis missing.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="1"><Value>The item specific Item WidthÂis missing.ÂAdd Item Width to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="2"><Value>Item Width</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification></Errors><Errors><ShortMessage>The item specific Item HeightÂis missing.</ShortMessage><LongMessage>The item specific Item HeightÂis missing.ÂAdd Item Height to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</LongMessage><ErrorCode>21919403</ErrorCode><SeverityCode>Warning</SeverityCode><ErrorParameters ParamID="0"><Value>The item specific Item HeightÂis missing.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="1"><Value>The item specific Item HeightÂis missing.ÂAdd Item Height to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="2"><Value>Item Height</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification></Errors><Errors><ShortMessage>The item specific TypeÂis missing.</ShortMessage><LongMessage>The item specific TypeÂis missing.ÂAdd Type to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</LongMessage><ErrorCode>21919303</ErrorCode><SeverityCode>Error</SeverityCode><ErrorParameters ParamID="0"><Value>The item specific TypeÂis missing.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="1"><Value>The item specific TypeÂis missing.ÂAdd Type to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="2"><Value>Type</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification></Errors><Errors><ShortMessage>The item specific ShapeÂis missing.</ShortMessage><LongMessage>The item specific ShapeÂis missing.ÂAdd Shape to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</LongMessage><ErrorCode>21919403</ErrorCode><SeverityCode>Warning</SeverityCode><ErrorParameters ParamID="0"><Value>The item specific ShapeÂis missing.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="1"><Value>The item specific ShapeÂis missing.ÂAdd Shape to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="2"><Value>Shape</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification></Errors><Errors><ShortMessage>The item specific MaterialÂis missing.</ShortMessage><LongMessage>The item specific MaterialÂis missing.ÂAdd Material to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</LongMessage><ErrorCode>21919403</ErrorCode><SeverityCode>Warning</SeverityCode><ErrorParameters ParamID="0"><Value>The item specific MaterialÂis missing.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="1"><Value>The item specific MaterialÂis missing.ÂAdd Material to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="2"><Value>Material</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification></Errors><Errors><ShortMessage>The item specific Item Height (Interior)Âis missing.</ShortMessage><LongMessage>The item specific Item Height (Interior)Âis missing.ÂAdd Item Height (Interior) to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</LongMessage><ErrorCode>21919403</ErrorCode><SeverityCode>Warning</SeverityCode><ErrorParameters ParamID="0"><Value>The item specific Item Height (Interior)Âis missing.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="1"><Value>The item specific Item Height (Interior)Âis missing.ÂAdd Item Height (Interior) to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="2"><Value>Item Height (Interior)</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification></Errors><Errors><ShortMessage>The item specific Photo CapacityÂis missing.</ShortMessage><LongMessage>The item specific Photo CapacityÂis missing.ÂAdd Photo Capacity to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</LongMessage><ErrorCode>21919403</ErrorCode><SeverityCode>Warning</SeverityCode><ErrorParameters ParamID="0"><Value>The item specific Photo CapacityÂis missing.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="1"><Value>The item specific Photo CapacityÂis missing.ÂAdd Photo Capacity to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="2"><Value>Photo Capacity</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification></Errors><Errors><ShortMessage>The EAN field is missing.</ShortMessage><LongMessage>The EAN field is missing. Please add EAN to the listing and try again.</LongMessage><ErrorCode>21919401</ErrorCode><SeverityCode>Warning</SeverityCode><ErrorParameters ParamID="0"><Value>The EAN field is missing.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="1"><Value>The EAN field is missing. Please add EAN to the listing and try again.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorParameters ParamID="2"><Value>EAN</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification></Errors><Errors><ShortMessage>Funds from your sales will be unavailable and show as pending in your PayPal account for a period of time.</ShortMessage><LongMessage>Funds from your sales will be unavailable and show as pending in your PayPal account for a period of time. Learn more: http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll … Parameters ParamID="0"><Value>http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?UserPolicyMessaging</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification></Errors><Version>1127</Version><Build>E1127_UNI_API5_19083461_R1</Build></VerifyAddFixedPriceItemResponse>

Rob

#11 10-16-2019 08:14:48

zanart

It seems different Ebay categories require different name/values for Item Specifics. For example, Picture Frames, must include the Item Specific [Type]. Without it, you cannot list an item via K9.

Modifying XMOD_ebay.php to include the following line around 3587 resolves the issue, which means the ebay XMOD will only work with ebay categories which only require the Brand and MPN item specifics.

Code:

$xml .= '<NameValueList><Name>Type</Name><Value>Multi Picture Frames</Value></NameValueList>' . $eol;

I can easily add a few table columns to K9 ebay offers, and then grab the data XMOD_ebay.php so it can be added to the Item Specifics xml output.

Not sure if other people will run into this issue with other ebay categories.

Rob

#12 10-17-2019 08:11:04

webmaster
Administrator
Website

In update 9.1.0 we are including the ability to submit custom name-value pairs via eBay for new listings.  It's something that was necessary when developing the Walmart channel extension module, and it carries forward to eBay nicely to handle this situation.

Nick Hendler

#13 10-17-2019 09:49:13

zanart

Any chance you could email me details of how you are doing it??(assuming you have already done it).

I think it will be straightforward but I expect you will do it different to me, so I don't want to go ahead with new database columns that will be changed in 9.1.0

Not to worry if you can't

Rob

#14 10-18-2019 09:07:24

webmaster
Administrator
Website

It has not been added to the eBay module yet, but is slated to be added within the next couple of weeks.  Been implemented in Walmart - just needs to be ported over.

Nick Hendler

#15 10-25-2019 08:24:46

zanart

Sorry Nick, I am getting there........

I can now create a product offer and then click the Create an Offer link to create the eBay offer.
New eBay offer opens and I fill in a few blanks as required. Click Submit and everything submits without any errors being reported.

On the eBay Offers overview page I can see the new offer. eBay and System Status are pending and a few other columns are TBD.

I assumed the new offer would automatically be exported and listed on ebay as part of the Publish Offers 15 minute Cron task - it wasn't.
I have forced the Publish Offers cron task via the eBay Functions but it still doesn't export.

The eBay and System Status are still showing as pending and nothing is exported to my eBay account.

No errors are being reported.

Any idea why the new eBay offer won't export to eBay?

Rob

#16 10-28-2019 07:51:58

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This is strange.  eBay is a realtime system and should be creating the offer immediately.  When you access Store / Channels / eBay Functions, do you see any meaningful feedback when running Synch Offers?

Nick Hendler

#17 10-28-2019 09:33:31

zanart

When I run Publish Offers, I get the following response:

Debugging started for function request.

Starting to run method publishoffers.

Completed running method publishoffers.

The connection is definitely active and working as I can create an offer in eBay, and that offer becomes available in K9.

Rob

#18 10-28-2019 13:28:43

Iceit88
Website

Check this out... maybe the issue as you referenced "Item Specifics" above...  https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/b … 21867.html

Bryan

Hat Trick Sports, LLC

#19 10-29-2019 07:42:32

webmaster
Administrator
Website

OK, that should have been expected as there was no offer data to synch.  This is definitely a new issue, and may be related to the Item Specifics changes eBay made earlier this month.   Is there any indication that the listing that you're having trouble with is missing item specifics (and what those item specifics might be)?

Nick Hendler

#20 10-29-2019 09:26:49

zanart

There aren't any reported issues with Item specifics when submitting the ebay offer.

If I enter the same offer directly into ebay, there are other optional Items Specifics. The only required one is 'Type' which I have added to XMOD_eBay.php. Doing so means I can successfully submit an ebay offer without getting any errors, but it still doesn't export to eBay.

I will have a look tomorrow at entering all the items specifcs via XMOD_eBay.php to see if that works.
And I will try submitting under a different category to see if I can narrow down the problem.

Last edited by zanart (10-29-2019 09:55:48)

Rob

#21 10-29-2019 14:46:35

zanart

I am starting to think this is self inflicted due to another mod I may have done, just not sure where.

Can you think of any reason the Inv Item ID* field will not save when submitting an eBay offer. Everytime I submit and return or check the ecom_ebayprod table, the xpricemap is null, even though I am filling it in correctly with a valid inventory id. Have tried various inventory id's including MISCIVITEM, but they are wiped out everytime I submit. The regprice field also isn't saved or populated when returning to an ebay offer.

Rob

#22 10-30-2019 07:50:04

webmaster
Administrator
Website

ecom_ebayprod.xpricemap is going to need to contain an entry that maps to ecom_pricemap.id.  That pricemap id is going to need to be in the format EBAY-{OFFERID}-DEFAULT-{INVENTORYID}.  So if you have eBay offer id 1234 mapping to inventory item ABCD, the pricemap id needed would be EBAY-1234-DEFAULT-ABCD.  Beyond that, you need a row in ecom_pricemap with that id and correct data.  You're saying you're using the management interface to add an item and neither a row in ecom_pricemap or a value for that row's id in ecom_ebayprod.xpricemap are created/updated?

Nick Hendler

#23 11-01-2019 04:43:49

zanart

I think this has to do with the required item specific data not been save to the database, and this causes unseen errors when updating or submitting an ebay offer as the information isn't included in the XML data.

If i include my hack for the require items specific 'Type' in the xmod_ebay > updateoffer function, I can get a little further as the ebay offers list display show the active status as Active(GTC). However, the ebay offer still doesn't export to ebay.

Rob

#24 11-01-2019 05:02:10

zanart

When I create a new ebay offer directly in K9 Ebay Offers, and enter a valid inventory item id/price, this information isn't saved when submitting.
If I go to ecom_pricemap table, no new row starting EBAY- is saved.
If I go back into the ebay offer, the inventory id field is blank again.

Rob

#25 11-04-2019 08:42:43

webmaster
Administrator
Website

zanart wrote:

When I create a new ebay offer directly in K9 Ebay Offers, and enter a valid inventory item id/price, this information isn't saved when submitting.
If I go to ecom_pricemap table, no new row starting EBAY- is saved.
If I go back into the ebay offer, the inventory id field is blank again.

This is the problem.  I'd suggest turning on debugging and figuring out why the pricemap entry is not being written out.

Nick Hendler

Board footer