Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-03-2002 10:17:20

CCCP 5.0 Release?

Hello,

Like everyone else who is waiting on pins in needles for the newest version of CCCP 5.0 to come online, I can not help but wonder what the current projected release date is.

Obviously, Friday has come and gone.

Oh well, we will get our hands on the program when it is ready for distrubution. Please keep us updated.

Thanks again... looking forward to working with the newest version of Click Cart Pro.

#2 08-03-2002 12:47:37

Re: CCCP 5.0 Release?

I'm really glad to see so much support for the effort here. However, I have to voice ny disappointment with the way this upgrade is being handled.

In short, if you don't intend to provide an update each time a self-imposed deadline is missed, then DON'T hype the upgrade in the first place! Many of us have scheduled blocks of time to get the upgrade in place, based on the promised release date....more than once. This becomes extremely frustrating and hurts the Company image.

We all know that release dates are hardly ever met.... however, professionalism dictates that the Developer hold those dates in confidence or BE WILLING TO COMMUNICATE.

The last I heard, V.5 was due out anytime yesterday. Weekends are a good time for some of us to get serious systems work done. I can't believe I'm the only one sitting around for ANOTHER weekend, waiting on word.

We didn't demand the release dates; we didn't pick the deadlines. If the developers of CCP wish to hype the product in advance, I say "Go for it"! You've every right. Upon doing so, however, recognize that you've made a committment...if you can't meet it, then COMMUNICATE!
Rich

#3 08-03-2002 13:06:38

I could not agree more! The first several promises we set aside time to integrate the new product but now it is just frustrating that promises are made and when they are missed nothing is said.  Is the update that far from ready, you have quoted very specific tasks that must be accomplished to complete you workplan and you continue to miss deadlines.  I am sure your many fans will come to your defense here but understand that I am not bashing the product or the taking time to deliver quality work, this is strictly a request for professionalism in how this rollout occurs.

#4 08-03-2002 13:20:41

I have a more simple request.  I've screwed up my CCP4 setup and need some help to restore it. (A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!) I totally understand about the difficulties with a new release, but in the meantime, I need to get things back into order.  Are there any experts out there who want to do something other than twiddle their thumbs today?  Email me at expert@mcatss.com

Thanks!

#5 08-03-2002 13:26:15

I am glad to finally see some people expressing this point of view.  We all want a quality product without bugs.  We've been told that the bugs are out and there is only a small amount of work (down to the number of hours) left to do.  8 or 9 deadlines have been missed.  People have projects on hold, based on promises that have been broken.  Now we're told we won't be communicated with at all until it's done.  And the self-imposed (by CCP) price cut for the upgrade now has been taken away, unless the customer individually requests a discount.  The CCP web site still says 8/1 is the release date, which must be confusing to new customers.  We're just asking that you treat your customers with respect.

#6 08-03-2002 13:32:26

I understand this is frustrating
I think the developers of CCP will learn that
in this industry every planned release date
should be first x3 or even x5 and date
estimated this way should be posted here
(I am Perl programmer too
so I know how it works in reality)

BUT, as it was commented here many times
you guys should NEVER rely on it in your
business BEFORE it is released AND tested
by yourself! Hey! You should understand
you can NOT plan your own schedule on
something NOT released yet - OK I am not
a fan of CCP, this is only my 2 cents here

my private opinion: developers of CCP
are trying to be OK for us here too much :-)

Adam

#7 08-03-2002 14:27:27

P.S.
I am not sure where is Rich's last post
but I decide to post my answer here anyway
Rich, you know what I am writing about

---
Rich,

please understand me correctly:
the way CCP v.5.0 is 'released' is definitely BAD
or, if you prefer, unprofessional
you are right

but this is the only 'dark side of the' CCP :-)

again, sorry, with all respect, trying to build your/my business
(I mean taking it as a core base for your/my projects)
on promises or estimates should never happen
unless you/I can agree that I am/you are unprofessional, too

business is business,
so, talking about professionalism in this case
is very risky, not for CCP developers but
for you and me, I hope I am understood correctly

Adam

#8 08-03-2002 17:07:21

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Rich - I do apologize for the deletion, but the use of the world "n****dly" may be offensive to some people.  I just removed your other post by accident - I meant to hit reply.  Sorry for that too.

Nick Hendler

#9 08-03-2002 23:33:57

Webmaster-
You've made statements here that are untrue and potentially damaging. I DID NOT use the "N" word....EVER.  You've deleted my original post and TWO follow up explanations. You owe it to fair play to set the record straight on this.

I will not have my reputation unfairly attacked by a Beltway pseudo-Liberal who fails to understand the difference between Proper English and Political Correctness.

Now I know I ruffled some feathers by pointing out how unprofessionally this rollout has been handled. Get over it and get on with it. My record for racial fairness is PUBLIC and it's easily checked.

I will not allow your accusation to stand.  Nor will I accept a simple deletion of these posts. Your accusation has been made in a Public Forum, and I couldn't care less how "few" have seen it. You owe me a retraction and apology in the same venue.....and I WILL have it. Screen snapshots are easily saved.

I'm asking you for the last time....stand up and take responsibility for your actions.

Rich Lucibella
Publisher
S.W.A.T. Magazine

Owner
wwwTheFiringLine.com

#10 08-04-2002 01:23:23

How about everyone bury the hammer and let the webmaster get on with the launch of CCCP 5 rather than responding to demands for public apologies and the like.

From what little I can see, the webmaster already apologized for the accidental deletion of your postings. As for his statement about us of a particular beeped out word, I would strongly suspect that the particular message did contain that word, accidental or not.

Either way, PLEASE let that matter drop so the rest of us do not need to be dragged through the mud. If you guys want to continue the debate, please do it in private. That is the professional and prudent coarse of action.

Sincerely,

Thomas V. Horstmann, Jr.
President

wwwrailsnw.com

#11 08-04-2002 02:38:42

See, Tom-
This is EXACTLY what I mean. Because he said it, you believe it.

The word I used is a perfectly acceptable, common parlance, non-slang, non-epithet meaning "miserly". It happens to have a common "sound" to a racial epithet, but the SPELLING, meaning and origin are completely different. When my first post was deleted, I reposted an explanation with Webster's definition. I would gladly post that word again, but this post will also be deleted if I do.

As for letting them get on with development. I've done absoluttely nothing to hinder that. I pointed out that the release announcements have been mis-handled. I did this as a customer, not a heckler...and I think I did it constructively.

The very fact that you accept these accusations is evidence of my right to a retraction.
Rich

#12 08-04-2002 03:11:39

Hello,

Thanks for explaining it one last time for all us that can care less. We are anxously awaiting CCCP 5.0. However, this is his site and as such, has COMPLETE control over all aspects of the site, including this forum.

He saw something that could of potentialy been viewed as objectional and deleted it, end of story! Would you use that word in your magazine knowing how similar it is to another? I would bet you wouldn't!

No respectable webmaster, author or publisher would knowingly publish or allow to be published something that could be deemed offensive. The webmaster did his job.

Oh well, enough time spent on this subject. Let's get back to moaning and groaning about the release delays... just kidding.

#13 08-04-2002 03:21:14

Say WHAT?!!!!

Is there no sanity left around here?
Rich

#14 08-04-2002 03:25:03

Not at this hour... smile

Oh well, time to hit the hay. Hopefully, CCCP 5.0 will be ready in the morning... wishful thinking, I know!

#15 08-04-2002 07:52:28

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You want an apology - here it is - I'm sorry for deleting your posts.  No matter whether the word used had any racial meaning or not, the fact still stands that to those that do not understand the true meaning of the word may find it offensive.  It is for those people that cannot differentiate between it's proper use and a racial meaning that the post was deleted.

I did not attack your reputation or make any comments about your meaning.  I simply stated that the post was deleted because some people may find it offensive (no matter what the intention was).

You're free (obviously) to speak about the rollout and voice your opinion.  I would never censor that.  What I will censor is a post that may be deemed offensive by some people (no matter how ignorant of proper English they may be).

Now, it's time to drop this.  It looks like we're on the virge of a flame war over this off-topic discussion.

Nick Hendler

#16 08-04-2002 11:15:47

Webmaster-
On that note, you get the Class Act Award! Sincere thanks for setting the record straight.

I would never question your right to alter or delete and posts on your board for any reason you deem fit. I just didn't wish to have anyone misinterpret my words or intent.

Thanks again for clarifying.
Allbest-
Rich

#17 08-03-2002 13:17:05

Hello,

So I am not the only one sitting around with time on my hands thanks to CCCP 5 not being available. Oh well, back to the brownies and ice cream. smile.

Before doing so, I must also throw out my opinion. CCCP 5.0 looks like a dynamic product, one that we will all enjoy. However, to steadly move up the launch date is frustrating. In the future, do not paint yourself into a corner by posting launch dates.

Instead, indicate a generic launch date such as the fall of 2002, etc. There are a few of us which have been putting off projects while awaiting the newest release thinking it was going to be out weeks ago.

With that said, I still look forward to downloading CCCP 5.0 the moment is becomes available.

#18 08-03-2002 13:44:12

In NO WAY was I bashing!  I've already been using the CCP4 and it is the slickest thing that I've seen.  I'm just having some self-caused problems with it and was hoping that an experienced someone might want to make a few $$ to help me out while they were waiting!

I'd NEVER bash this program!

mcatss

#19 08-03-2002 15:01:19

Sorry to have been the one to lead the charge....but sometimes you just gotta bitch!  ;-)

Board footer