Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-26-2019 11:24:12

Panmanjon
Website

bulk editing and creating large product lists

In all previous versions we could bulk edit products and upload the one table in raw database function.

If I want to create say 250 new products which tables do I need to edit after having downloaded them as csv files please? would have preferred only 1 like before  with v8. One way I can see would be to create the new table in ver 8 and use the importer, upload it into a v8 test site and then use  v8-to-v9 but it does seem tortuous and a backwards step - you can tell me if I'm talking rubbish here - tks

#2 08-27-2019 08:31:39

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: bulk editing and creating large product lists

You'll need copies of the ecom_prod table (which holds offers for inventory and contains catalog and display info), the ecom_inventory table (which holds the inventory items being sold and their inventory and shipping configuration), and the ecom_pricemap table (which holds a mapping of offers to inventory with pricing).  There are three tables to deal with, but you'll find there aren't very many more fields than there were in the single table in V8.  Download what is there now so you can see how the data should be laid out.  Pay close attention to ecom_prod.xpricemap, which is a comma delimited list of ids found in ecom_pricemap.  That provides the mapping.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-27-2019 10:30:35

Panmanjon
Website

Thanks Nick - I had to do all that to get the v9 store up and its now working just about OK - just found it a bit awkward with 3 tables but no problems if that's what is needed

#4 08-28-2019 08:12:19

webmaster
Administrator
Website

It is three tables, but the amount of data is just about the same.  Just a few more fields.  You'll find the K9 data is consolidated and easier to work with in the long run.

Nick Hendler

Board footer