Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-17-2019 06:34:43

zanart

Importer question

Hi Nick

Is the importer only intended to work when both databases are hosted on the same server?

I get an error on step 1 as I cannot connect to the config.php on the old server.

The following errors were encountered while attempting to process your request: 1. The directory path for the public config.php used by your software installation is incorrect. The path specified does not exist. 2. The directory path for the public config.php used by your software installation is incorrect. The file referenced is invalid. 3. The directory path for the public config.php used by your software installation is incorrect. The file referenced points to an incomplete installation. 4. The directory path for the public config.php used by your software installation is incorrect. The file referenced refers to invalid database connection information.

Importer always worked well when test site was on same server, but now I have moved test site to new server I can't import orders, etc.

Easily resolved, but it is a lot of extra hassle so wondered why it didn't work.

Rob

#2 07-17-2019 07:57:28

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Importer question

You don't technically need the database on the same server.  What you need is the public and private install directories with the configuration files updated with the correct server paths and the ability to access the database from that server (whether or not it's on that server).  So if you install the public and private directories somewhere, update the server paths, and update the db access info in those files, you will be able to run the importer and pull data/media by pointing to your public config file location for the old software.

Nick Hendler

#3 07-17-2019 07:58:48

zanart

Re: Importer question

Got it.
Thanks.

Rob

Board footer