Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-05-2019 11:10:06

zanart

Postcode Checker

Hi Nick,

I have been tinkering with the PCA Predict Lookup which of course works correctly. The problem is, it works out very expensive.
£100 gets you 1818 look up = 5.5p per search. This would cost me £500+ per month just to make sure people were capable of entering their own address correctly.

I looked around and have found a jquery version. I have got it fully functional and it works client side on the address form(so doesn't need an ajax modal as PCA predict does).
The only issue I have is it cannot tell the difference between 1st line of address and company name. If it is a company name, the company name populates the 1st line of address field, resulting in a duplicate name.

To overcome this I am thinking about completely removing the Company Name field and renaming the Address: Line 1 to Address: Line 1/Company Name.

I know I will need to sort out the form_fields table, and any include that prints the address, but can you think of any other issues I might cause?

The jQuery version does a package for £10 a month for 2000 searches per day. If you used your full quota of 2000 searches a day, it works out at 0.0001p per search.
or they do a smaller package for £2 a month for 50 searches per day.

Rob

#2 07-05-2019 11:21:52

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Postcode Checker

I think you're good there.  The company name is treated in K9 as a name line with the actual first/last name being treated as a second name line.  Doing what you suggest would result in the company name appearing below the first/last name, which probably isn't a huge issue.  The name and address lines really don't come into play with anything as far as shipment ratings, etc. so there should be no impact with the way you plan to do it.

Nick Hendler

#3 07-06-2019 04:36:33

zanart

Any idea why changing the default value in the form_fields table from the country fields from {SESSION:country} to United Kingdom breaks all checkout and address forms?
For some reason, even though United Kingdom is shown as the selected country and is form value, the form will not submit. Same problem on guest checkout, update account, etc.

I can't work out why the form will not proceed when all the correct values are there.

debug doesn't any issues. The form submits but returns to the same form with a success message.

Changing the form_fields default back resolves the problem.

Not massively important but 99.9999% of my customers are from the UK so wanted it to default.

Rob

#4 07-08-2019 07:18:55

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The default value being {SESSION:country} is what actually feeds the value into the customer/guest account info - so without that the country is not being saved for the customer and you can't get any further.  It would be best to do this in your skin using JavaScript - looking for country fields which are not filled in and defaulting them if necessary upon page load.

Nick Hendler

Board footer