Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-25-2019 05:49:52

Panmanjon
Website

Splash page main banner too wide

Used importer v8-v9 worked very well except main banner stretched over whole width with no side banners - old site wwwwel.biz and new site wwwwel.biz/Store-V9/

I reduced all main banner sizes down to a width of 700 but this didn't help

I like the v8 site display as it looked clean and neat colours but apart from that import and installation went quite smoothly - am impressed

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

#2 06-25-2019 07:24:02

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Splash page main banner too wide

In your skin's all.css file, set the width of the main banner wrapper to something smaller.  Assuming you're using the flex skin, use:

Code:

#kskin_bannerinner {max-width: 1100px; margin: 0 auto 0 auto;}

Nick Hendler

#3 06-25-2019 11:34:24

Panmanjon
Website

Not sure that works - found all.min.css by going to Dashboard / System / Displays / Update Skin and editing the css file - banner got smaller with the edit but still black background over the categories and banner - pretty sure I'm using the flex skin - on the original v8 site the sidebar banners were alongside the main banner but now they are below - I've probably done something daft sad

#4 06-26-2019 07:07:37

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Just updated V8 to V9 and noted that the V9 site banner displays are rather large - I used the importer V8-V9 to get the site updated - the version 8 site is wel.biz and the v9 site is http://wel.biz/Store-V9/ - can anyone point me in the right direction please? - Thanks

Right now you have:

Code:

#kskin_banner {background-color: #000000;}
#kskin_bannerinner {margin: 0 auto 0 auto;}

I'd suggest:

Code:

#kskin_banner {background-color: #FFFFFF;}
#kskin_bannerinner {max-width: 1100px; margin: 0 auto 0 auto;}

Nick Hendler

#5 06-26-2019 07:27:14

Panmanjon
Website

Got it now - Thanks Nick - re did a totally new install from start and can see the difference in the demo site and skin - I thought that the v8-v9 importer would have made the site look more like my v8 site (seem to remember an html stage in the import).

So, I think  and as you say above - make it a white background and the banner images need to be resized.- I may decide to keep it with your new v9 skin as it looks OK and easier initially for me.

Is there a way to delete the demo site data before I do the v8-v9 import please?

I did disable all the demo main categories but for some reason could not get rid of the Brands as it does not exist as a category so how could I delete it please?

Thanks Nick

#6 06-26-2019 13:33:46

Panmanjon
Website

Nick - when I went through the reinstall re step 6 or 7 (can't remember) I thought I would manually go through the options to say no to the demo software install (abut 3rd one down) but was not given any options to skip so had to include it anyway

#7 06-26-2019 14:43:14

zanart

heres how it was removed in V8
https://kryptronic.com/blog/2012/08/sit … tore-data/

I think this should work the same with v9 as the tables all appear to have the same names, but haven't tested it

Rob

#8 06-27-2019 04:24:55

Panmanjon
Website

these didn't work

2 statements didn't work as tables didn't exist in V9.  All demo data apart from 'Brands' has been deleted from the V9 tables though.

A problem was encountered while executing the SQL statement submitted. The error was reported as: The MySQL extension encountered a problem submitting an SQL statement. MySQL reported the error as: Table 'welbiz_V9-Store.ecom_prodoptionsel' doesn't exist. The following SQL statement was submitted: DELETE FROM ecom_prodoptionsel WHERE id LIKE 'DEMO-%'

A problem was encountered while executing the SQL statement submitted. The error was reported as: The MySQL extension encountered a problem submitting an SQL statement. MySQL reported the error as: Table 'welbiz_V9-Store.cms_banners' doesn't exist. The following SQL statement was submitted: DELETE FROM cms_banners WHERE id LIKE 'DEMO-%'

Also 'Brands' still appears as a category (noted a table ecom_manus - with the 'Brands' sub cat details)

#9 06-27-2019 07:16:15

webmaster
Administrator
Website

What instructions are you using?  Neither of those tables exist in K9.

Nick Hendler

#10 06-27-2019 09:06:42

Panmanjon
Website

I used the link to the v8 set of instructions to remove Demo site data - zanart gave me the link yesterday (see 2 posts above).  Are there any new V9 tables with Demo data which need to be removed as I'm still getting Brands on my main category list but it is not in the category table  (I have noticed a new table ecom_manus - with the 'Brands' sub cat details)

#11 06-27-2019 11:22:34

Panmanjon
Website

OK - found the 'Brands' category - it's in  Dashboard / Store / Component / Settings / Manufacturer Displays

Just need to set the display to FALSE

#12 07-01-2019 07:30:18

webmaster
Administrator
Website

For demo data, use the helper under System / Helpers / Remove Demo Data and that will wipe out all items that are demo-related.

Nick Hendler

Board footer