Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-13-2017 00:27:37

deadbrokerec

Not receiving orders in store. But getting paypal payment. Help!

Not receiving all orders in store frequently.  Lots of complaints and emails from buyers who paid and never got their items, because we never got the order or show no trace of it in store. Payments are being received on our end through paypal & order is nowhere to be found in store. As well as no Order confirmation email being sent to buyer or seller. Please let us know what to do. Urgent. Have a new product supposed to launch this weekend. I dont know what to do. I put in a support ticket as well.

#2 07-13-2017 07:44:19

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Not receiving orders in store. But getting paypal payment. Help!

If you put in a support ticket, we'll be looking at that today.

I would assume you've got a IPN (instant payment notification) URL set up in PayPal that's incorrect, or conflicting with what is supposed to be there.  So check that first and possibly update your ticket with the URL you find in PayPal.  Google 'paypal change ipn url' for instructions.

Nick Hendler

#3 02-06-2019 16:08:51

Blitzen

Any resolution to this? My client recently changed to PayPal and seems to be experiencing this.

#4 02-07-2019 08:00:03

webmaster
Administrator
Website

These are typically IPN issues, where PayPal is not sending the customer back to the site after completed transactions; ~OR~ there's an http->https relay occurring on the return that's not supposed to be happening (custom full ssl conversion, something missed?); ~OR~ there's an issue with the response code - the code being returned isn't listed as valid under the processor setup.  Open a ticket and we can help you figure it out.

Nick Hendler

#5 02-07-2019 12:32:16

Iceit88
Website

I have this problem also occasionally.  Is the IPN return supposed to be http or https?  I am not running full SSL Https on the site, only checkout.

Bryan

Hat Trick Sports, LLC

#6 02-07-2019 16:31:40

meshugy

I've had this issue for nearly a decade now. For me, this happens when a customer's credit card is declined on their first attempt but then goes through on the second attempt. So the customer is charged but for some reason CCP8 doesn't update the order to Pending Shipment. I use PayPal as my merchant processor and this seems to mostly just happen when customers use their credit cards. Actual PayPal payments seem to work fine.

#7 02-08-2019 08:39:24

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We've gone through great lengths in K9 to better handle all these cases when using relay-based processing like PayPal Standard.  In the newer software we shuffled order processing around quite a bit, and introduced the concept of payments and partial payments.  When orders are processed in K9 much, much more is done to combat this type of double-post scenario as a result of all the changes.  Unfortunately V8 software (and V6, V7) were not built in the same fashion and would require heavy modifications to perform marginally better.

Nick Hendler

Board footer