Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-18-2019 09:08:40

CrownRoyal

UPS wiki?

Other than the Store/Shipping/UPS Online Tools Is there a Knowledge Base wiki tutorial for setting up UPS?  We're looking to switch over to using UPS as our shipping model. I want to read up first on the what/where/how it is implemented.

I've already inserted the RAW SQL to update the new UPS url.

#2 01-18-2019 09:11:19

CrownRoyal

Re: UPS wiki?

FYI, going to  https://onlinetools.ups.com  auto forwards to https://www.ups.com/us/en/global.page . So has the UPS url changed again?

#3 01-21-2019 08:41:48

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The URLs you are running now (onlinetools.ups.com), which were changed at the end of 2018, are correct.  You can check them directly:

https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate
https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Track

Accessing the main URL using a web browser prints a redirect to the screen your browser will follow.  This is the update you applied:

https://kryptronic.com/blog/2018/12/ups … l-changes/

Concerning UPS setup, access Store / Shipping / UPS Online Tools Connection and follow the on-screen instructions to set it up.  Once configured adjust shipping settings for inventory items to use UPS OnlineTools for realtime ratings, and/or adjust custom shipping scripts that use realtime shipping to include UPS OnlineTools.  Settings can be configured using Store / Component / Settings / UPS OnlineTools Settings.

Nick Hendler

#4 01-28-2019 08:04:48

CrownRoyal

Hi Nick,
Thanks for that info. I'm just waiting for UPS to set up our rates. I do have another related question.

As we're in Canada, our UPS account will be CAD$.  As you know, our store sells in multiple currencies, primarily USD$. Will the software calculate the correct currency shipping fee for the customer to see in the checkout?

Thanks.

#5 01-28-2019 09:16:09

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Yes, it will calculate and display correctly.  All rates are normalized as USD when talking to UPS then converted to the system base currency (if needed).  In your case, your base currency is USD, so no conversion happens.  You use the currency converter to display amounts in various currencies (CAD, GBP, EUR).  Those conversions are base currency to display currency conversions done when pricing is displayed.  You won't experience any issues.

Nick Hendler

#6 02-15-2019 05:24:13

CrownRoyal

Hi Nick,

If the rate UPS provides is $13.00 Canadian funds, how does Kryp normalize that into USD value to show in the shopping cart? Does it use the exchange rates I insert on the Currency Conversion page?

Also, I have inserted the 4 bits of info required to set up UPS in Kryp at Dashboard / Store / Shipping / UPS OnLineŽ Tools.  Once that info is submit, what else has to be done to activate UPS as the shipping option?

Thanks,
Jim

#7 02-15-2019 08:20:27

webmaster
Administrator
Website

If the rate UPS provides is $13.00 Canadian funds, how does Kryp normalize that into USD value to show in the shopping cart? Does it use the exchange rates I insert on the Currency Conversion page?

Yes, exchange rates are used and a conversion is done.  All rates are normalized down to the global currency based on the exchange rate when they come from the shipper in a different currency.

Also, I have inserted the 4 bits of info required to set up UPS in Kryp at Dashboard / Store / Shipping / UPS OnLineŽ Tools.  Once that info is submit, what else has to be done to activate UPS as the shipping option?

Check settings to be sure that they're accurate under Store / Component / Settings / UPS OnlineTools Settings, and then set up your Inventory Items properly.  UNLESS YOU'RE USING CUSTOM SHIPPING NOW: You'll want each Inventory Item to use a shipping method of Realtime Shipping and select UPS OnlineTools as the domestic and international realtime carrier.  This can be done in one shot using SQL.  Typically it's done on a per-item basis, or may be handled in a Custom Shipping Script, depending on your setup.

Nick Hendler

#8 02-15-2019 10:37:52

CrownRoyal

I've adjusted your recommendations for Store/Component/Settings/UPS OnlineTool settings.

I've also adjusted one inventory item to show UPS as the domestic and international shipping.

What does the Dashboard / Store / Inventory / Inventory Items / Custom Shipping: Method*  have to be set at? There is no UPS Custom Shipping Script, so its currently populated by the current custom script we use for our current postal shipping. Should there be a UPS shipping script in place?

#9 02-18-2019 08:19:58

CrownRoyal

I am testing one product. I got the UPS rates to show, although the rates are not correct. That may be an issue with my UPS account. I am going to check on that now.

#10 02-18-2019 08:27:57

webmaster
Administrator
Website

There are negotiated rates settings, which you might be expecting to be turned on, under System / Component / Settings / UPS OnlineTools Settings.

What does the Dashboard / Store / Inventory / Inventory Items / Custom Shipping: Method*  have to be set at? There is no UPS Custom Shipping Script, so its currently populated by the current custom script we use for our current postal shipping. Should there be a UPS shipping script in place?

If your inventory items are using custom shipping, keep them that way, and keep the same script.  You'll want to add 'UPSTOOLS' to the shipping scripts either in place of 'USPS', or in conjunction with USPS ('USPS, UPSTOOLS' - if you want both rated).  When you edit the custom shipping scripts, you should see what I mean.  Adding UPSTOOLS to the custom shipping scripts will activate UPS for all items immediately (as you're using custom shipping).

Nick Hendler

#11 02-18-2019 08:30:48

CrownRoyal

Rates are set to True  on the admin page Store / Component / Settings / UPS OnLine Tools Settings.

#12 02-18-2019 08:34:32

CrownRoyal

If your inventory items are using custom shipping, keep them that way, and keep the same script.  You'll want to add 'UPSTOOLS' to the shipping scripts either in place of 'USPS', or in conjunction with USPS ('USPS, UPSTOOLS' - if you want both rated).  When you edit the custom shipping scripts, you should see what I mean.  Adding UPSTOOLS to the custom shipping scripts will activate UPS for all items immediately (as you're using custom shipping).

I'm not clear on this. We don't use USPS as we are in Canada. And, we are not going to be using CanPost either. We are looking to use UPS for all shipping in the very near future.

I am still using our normal custom ship script for all products except the one I am testing for UPS shipping. I have what I believe to be all product options set correctly for the inventory item. But the UPS rates showing up are the standard rates without the discounts applied.

#13 02-18-2019 15:36:09

webmaster
Administrator
Website

(1) Please post your current custom shipping script and I'll provide you with adjustments to make to it to pull realtime rates.  Please advise on whether or not the current logic stays and UPS gets added, or UPS replaces the current logic.  You mentioned the postal service, so I assumed your current custom shipping script was getting USPS rates.

(2) Choose to Use Negotiated Rates under Store / Component/ Settings / UPS OnlineTools Settings to get negotiated rates.

Nick Hendler

#14 02-18-2019 18:04:34

CrownRoyal

(2) Negotiated rates are already selected.

(1) I can email you the script. I won't post it here. Current script uses set rates based on preset rates.

#15 02-19-2019 07:47:19

webmaster
Administrator
Website

If you are replacing your custom shipping with UPS rates entirely (moving away from custom shipping), simply execute this SQL statement in Raw DB Admin:

UPDATE ecom_inventory SET delmethod='R', shiplocal='UPSTOOLS', shipint='UPSTOOLS'

Empty your cart, then test.  All items will rate UPS realtime.  If you want to use flat rate (custom) along with UPS, we'll need your custom shipping script and will need to handle it there.  If that's the case, open a support ticket on this and we'll work it out via the custom shop, then.

Nick Hendler

#16 02-19-2019 07:47:49

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Oh, and talk to your UPS rep and make sure negotiated rates are available/turned on for your account for the UPS Online Tools API.

Nick Hendler

#17 02-19-2019 10:39:42

CrownRoyal

Side question; When an order is placed in the online store and UPS is set up as real time shipper, does the UPS account store the information to produce the shipping label? Or does that have to be manually entered while logged into our UPS account?

#18 02-19-2019 15:04:25

CrownRoyal

Another related questions to ask;

1. Does the shipping info entered in my the customer get validated for address errors?
2. Is the address and order info stored at UPS and ready to create a label?

#19 02-19-2019 15:05:42

CrownRoyal

webmaster wrote:

Oh, and talk to your UPS rep and make sure negotiated rates are available/turned on for your account for the UPS Online Tools API.

On the phone with UPS agent an hour today, walking through creating a label. She said I still need to contact their dev team to see why the negotiated rates are not appearing for the Shopping Cart estimator and checkout page.

#20 02-20-2019 08:52:59

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Side question; When an order is placed in the online store and UPS is set up as real time shipper, does the UPS account store the information to produce the shipping label? Or does that have to be manually entered while logged into our UPS account?

No.

1. Does the shipping info entered in my the customer get validated for address errors?

If you have UPS Address Verification enabled under UPS OnlineTools Settings, yes.  Otherwise, no.

2. Is the address and order info stored at UPS and ready to create a label?

No.  You might want to look into configuring your UPS Worldship software to use our Batch Shipping Manager extension module.  That way you can scan and ship:

1. Get BSM: https://kryptronic.com/DEVMANUAL/Shippi … anager.php

2. Connect via ODBC: https://kryptronic.com/DEVMANUAL/Shippi … -Setup.php

3. Configure WorldShip to Import and Export Data: https://kryptronic.com/DEVMANUAL/Shippi … ldship.php

On the phone with UPS agent an hour today, walking through creating a label. She said I still need to contact their dev team to see why the negotiated rates are not appearing for the Shopping Cart estimator and checkout page.

Use System / Database / Raw DB Admin to view the data in the ecom_shiprealtime table for the UPSTOOLS connection.  Relay that info to the rep.  There is a connection key and username in there that they have to enable to use Negotiated rates, plus you need to turn them on under UPS Online Tools Settings.

Nick Hendler

Board footer