Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#26 04-28-2014 16:53:44

Graham
Website

Re: Internal Order confirmation e-mail

It's not desperately vital, but it's just good programing practice.

It seems odd that simply having an extra file in that folder could cause problems, even when it's name is totally different from any of the usual files.

#27 04-29-2014 09:00:55

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Just review lines 1211-1242 in {private}/apps/ecom/ECOM_Order/ECOM_Order.php and it will make sense to you.

Nick Hendler

#28 04-29-2014 10:41:53

Graham
Website

I presume you mean the section that says "Now we handle any includes with a name equal to or over '900' after our  database updates.  These are mail includes which take time to process. Any database updates prompted in mail includes (>=900) will not be done."

In which case now I can finally see why having another file in that folder could break things, although it seems a curious way of doing things.

#29 05-19-2014 05:54:11

zanart

It seems odd that simply having an extra file in that folder could cause problems, even when it's name is totally different from any of the usual files.

to prevent any problems in the future, I would rename backups in the following format -

0900_mailinternal.php---OriginalXXXX
instead of
0900_mailinternal--OriginalXXXX.php

If there are any functions that check for php files in the folder, these renamed backups will be ignored as they aren't .php files.

Rob

#30 01-02-2019 04:39:50

kpryan

I have this issue I think because the hosting has implemented a default e-mail address to catch spam.  This e-mail is of the form ftpuser@hurricane.pickaweb.co.uk.  My customer wants the internal order e-mail to come from the user placing the order on the store ( {SESSION:email}.

I implemented the suggested modification in the post but the store continues to use this 'lower level' e-mail address.

The hosting company's helpdesk gave me these pieces of advice for the developer:

You need to use SMTP settings on your php mail configuartion file with the help of a developer to fix the issue.
You need to edit the file to send the mail using SMTP authentication using the email
If you want to send email using the script/smtp authentication you need to edit the corresponding file and paste the email id and password there.

The store uses sendmail.

Can you provide any advice on how to fix this?

Regards,

Kevin

#31 01-02-2019 07:54:23

webmaster
Administrator
Website

kpryan: Re-run your installer.php script.  There's no need to reinstall or update any software, however when you get to the Mail step, select SMTP and use the authentication info the host has given you.  The installer will try to send a mail message to test your settings, so you'll know if you got them correct upon entry.

Nick Hendler

#32 02-07-2019 09:25:44

kpryan

I continue to struggle with the internal order e-mail NOT being sent by the person who placed the order. The host suggested that I try this e-mail configuration:

$config['core.mail_mailtype'] = 'smtp';
$config['core.mail_sendmail'] = '';
$config['core.mail_host'] = 'ssl://kpr-test.co.uk';
$config['core.mail_port'] = '465';
$config['core.mail_user'] = 'sales@kpr-test.co.uk';

I modified the file 0900_mailinternal.php to this removing the line  'from' => $order['order']['mail']

$result = $this->CORE_Mail->make_email_fromdb(array('id'       => 'ecom.ordconfint',
                                                    'presub'   => $this->globals('core_settings.core.site_name') . ' - ',
                                                    'appsub'   => ' - ' . $order['order']['id']));

The sender in the mail messages for the internal order e-mail is set to {SESSION:email}

BUT

The internal order e-mail comes from sales@kpr-test.co.uk.

Perhaps this is not unexpected but I am out of ideas. Is there anything else that I might need to check in the config or store settings?

Many Thanks,

Kevin

#33 02-08-2019 08:34:25

webmaster
Administrator
Website

(1) Edit the System / Mail Messages entry for the mail message, change the FROM to your email address (replace {SESSION:email} with your email address.

(2) Edit the file {private}/apps/ecom/ECOM_Order/ext/0900_mailinternal.php.  In there, remove the 'from' key from the CORE_Mail::make_email_fromdb() function call's input array.  Change:

Code:

$result = $this->CORE_Mail->make_email_fromdb(array('id'       => 'ecom.ordconfint',
                                                    'from'     => $order['order']['email'],
                                                    'presub'   => $this->globals('core_settings.core.site_name') . ' - ',
                                                    'appsub'   => ' - ' . $order['order']['id']));

To:

Code:

$result = $this->CORE_Mail->make_email_fromdb(array('id'       => 'ecom.ordconfint',
                                                    'presub'   => $this->globals('core_settings.core.site_name') . ' - ',
                                                    'appsub'   => ' - ' . $order['order']['id']));

Nick Hendler

#34 02-08-2019 10:32:10

kpryan

Hi Nick,
I had already done everything you suggested.

This this the debug output:
CORE_Mail::make_email_fromdb: Matched message 'ecom.ordconfint' in the database.
CORE_Mail::make_email_fromdb: To address not present. Set default to 'kevin@kpr-web.co.uk'.
CORE_Mail::make_email_fromdb: From address not present. Set default to 'kevin@radio-digital.co.uk'.
CORE_Mail::make_email_fromdb: Added additional to addresses to message.
CORE_Mail::make_email_fromdb: Added additional cc addresses to message.
CORE_Mail::make_email_fromdb: Prepended the supplied string 'Drointon Nurseries - ' to the message subject.
CORE_Mail::make_email_fromdb: Set the default string 'Order Confirmation' as the message subject.
CORE_Mail::make_email_fromdb: Appended the supplied string ' - ORD201902081' to the message subject.
CORE_Mail::make_email_fromdb: Completed building subject for message.
CORE_Mail::make_email_fromdb: Set robot status and logged user out. Ready for mail includes.

Now this seems correct to me as the From Address is correct at 'kevin@radio-digital.co.uk', that of the person placing the order.

When I receive this e-mail the sender has changed to sales@kpr-test.co.uk the SMTP e-mail address in the config file.

What I wanted to know is this. Is there anywhere else in EuropaCart where the e-mail sender could be changed?

I am discussion all this with the hosting company and I want to be sure of my facts.

Many Thanks for your help

Kevin

Board footer