Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 12-13-2018 06:28:56

sdn

User Database Corruption

A customer reported problems amending their address details when trying to place an order. It kept going back to the original information each time he tried. When I looked at his record in Dashboard / System / User Accounts / User Accounts I discovered the fields populated with another customers details. I exported core_users table and found that this other customers data is also in another 4 completely unrelated records. I tried to manually update the incorrect data via the management interface only to find it had reverted back to the wrong details again.

I have also noticed that any account i look at via the management interface has that same customers address info.

Please can you advise how to rectify.

Last edited by sdn (12-13-2018 06:35:39)

Simon

#2 12-13-2018 08:03:06

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: User Database Corruption

No idea on this one.  Sounds like some rogue non-standard code running somewhere.  Definitely not standard behavior.  Please open a support ticket on this and include the info you're seeing copied from record to record.  Thank you.

Nick Hendler

#3 12-13-2018 10:55:02

sdn

We have resolved the over-writing of records issue now and it had nothing to do with K9

Why the customer could not update their address is still unclear but we have no info to go on with that. He said he kept updating the address but each time he went to SagePay it populated the cardholder details with his old address. Any suggestions on that welcome.

Last edited by sdn (12-13-2018 13:20:07)

Simon

#4 12-13-2018 15:50:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The customer may have added a new shipping address and selected that instead of updating their billing address.  That's about the only way I think that could happen.  As far as the password issue, glad you discovered what was causing it.

Nick Hendler

Board footer