Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-30-2002 19:42:42

webmaster
Administrator
Website

CCP5 Update

We've bumped the release date to 08/01 to give ourselves enough time to iron out a few items that came back on the USPS integration.  Hopefully those will be resolved in a timely manner.  If not, we will be removing the tie in to USPS to ensure a release on 08/01. 

Other than that, testing needs to be finalized with the upgrade module - this is the first time the scripting has been included in admin.

Last minute additions that were made to the functionality (while waiting for the test results and in between the fewer than expected fix requests) include:

- The creation of an API that allows you to process email forms from remote HTML files using a subset of the program's dynamic form functionality.

- Rewriting of pieces of the SQL code across the scripting to allow you to modify the structure of any database table by updating the table *.csv file and it's associated config_*.csv without touching any code.

- Addition of an examples directory which houses an example index.cgi script for help with getting referrer information for orders, an example html page detailing the remote HTML form API (for HTML based, non-dynamic forms), and an example HTML page detailing the remote HTML add to cart API (for non-database products).

- Further security enhancements to ensure remote posts using the non-database product add to cart API and the non-dynamic form API are from valid referrers.

- Further security and error handling enhancements to trap basically all server errors and display a clean script generated error page.  Created a wrapper for this.

We're trying to keep busy here while making sure the program code is as stable as CCP4 at release.  I know many of you are anxious about getting your hands on the code - we're anxious to get it out as well.  It will be released at any time now.  It's that close.

Thank you (as always) for your patience.  We're striving to make your lives easier by delivering as quality a product as we always have.

The net has never seen anything like CCP5.  Even I have a hard time fully comprehending it's capabilities.  Developing on the platform is simple, yet the power derived from it is imeasurable.

Larry Wall's motto for Perl truly aplies to this version: "There is more than one way to do it."  I'm really looking forward to the release so I can see what some of the great minds we've got in our user community can do with it. 

OLDER DEMO NOTES FOR THOSE THAT HAVEN'T SEEN THEM:

Because the add to cart and order process are not 100% tested, we've disabled them on the frontend demo. You won't be able to get past the cart into checkout. Also, we've disabled admin updates in the demo, as usual.

LINKS:

Admin: http://www.clickcartpro.com/ccp5/admin

Admin Username: webmaster
Admin Password: webmaster

Frontend: http://www.clickcartpro.com/ccp5

Nick Hendler

#2 07-31-2002 03:17:01

Re: CCP5 Update

Can you tell us how much the new version will cost. Not the update but the full version.

Thanks
Andrew

#3 07-31-2002 06:28:40

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The cost will be the same as for CCP4 initially - $99.99.

Nick Hendler

#4 07-31-2002 07:07:37

Will
Website

I was going to leave a message last night, but it seems I can't post to the forum from my home XP box. 

I'd like to say that ccp4 is wonderful product, and I'm looking forward to ccp5.  I do have a couple questions. 

Would you mind filling us in on what is wrong with the USPS tie in?  I was actually thinking of switching from us to them when I saw the integration. 

I have several mod's that I did to ccp4.  From what I understand most of those mods should be done in elements now instead of in the actual perl code.  Does this mean that there is a chance going forward that in ccp6 (If there EVER is a NEED for a ver 6. ) my mods would work there without having to redo them? 

Again I look forward to a solid product. 

Will

wwwstnecorp.com

Will

#5 07-31-2002 08:02:18

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Hey Will.  We're just cleaning up some issues with USPS - nothing really wrong with the code or their API.  Everything with them is done in XML and sometimes the tags are tricky to interperet.

Correct - if your mods were done in the elements in CCP5, any upgrade to CCP6 (ouch) would carry them over.  The architecture of CCP5 allows for a simple upgrade process going forward as all the data is SQL accessible and the code is separate from the displays.  Future upgrades will parse the elements making changes where and if necessary, leaving your mods intact.

Nick Hendler

#6 07-31-2002 13:48:04

What time of day on 8/1 do you expect to release CCP5?  Morning, afternoon, evening?  Just curious...anxious to see it and get to work on upgrading!

#7 07-31-2002 14:14:50

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Later in the day, most likely.  There's a lot of cleanup that needs to be done to our devel versions to get them ready for you.  This mostly consists of stripping out test data, getting generic data in and the like.

Nick Hendler

#8 08-01-2002 17:23:47

Hey smile

Just wondering how far off you guys are from completing CCP5? Ive got a few websites i wouldnt mind upgrading 2 of them and installing a copy off CCP5 on the other one smile..

also is there any currency converter installed in CCP5? that would be an extremley usefull feature. And is is possible to get any of the online auth people you intergrate with to actually charge peoples card in australian dollars instead of us dollars as our target market is people in Australia. thanks

#9 08-01-2002 17:29:11

Are releasing CCCP today?

#10 08-01-2002 17:30:57

Please don't do this to us

#11 08-01-2002 18:43:03

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We're working non-stop - through the night if need be - to make sure the release is ready asap.  It's so close some of you can probably taste it.  We're not pushing the date back again and you will not hear from me on this forum again until you can download it.  I estimate we're only 12-15 hours away at this point in time.  Lots of cleanup to do and some final test results to review...

Nick Hendler

#12 08-01-2002 19:26:41

Do not knock yourself out trying to rush it, we have waited this long, another few hours will not kill us. Go home and get some sleep and finish it off on Friday. That would allow us to fiddle with it over the weekend. Dr. Tom

#13 08-01-2002 21:06:36

I agree... get some rest in there.. crank out a long friday.. put if up (if it's ready) and go have some beers!  smile

#14 08-01-2002 23:27:10

Besides, the longer you take to release CCCP 5 the more sleep WE get as I am sure most of us will be playing with the program well into the night once you do release it. I know I will be! smile.

I can not wait! Hopefully it will do what we need it to do, if not we will pay for some customization or hacks. Either way, it will beat the pants off of Cart32.

#15 08-02-2002 06:10:48

I hope it comes out today. I found ccp on 7/20 from a list of compatiable carts on authorize.net's website. After going thru about 20, I liked ccp's features and price. I had filled out the cart and was about to purchase ccp4 when I read the support option and saw that you were working on ccp5. My client needs to be up an operational asap (he is already spending $1000 a week on advertising for the past 2 weeks). I am afraid, if I can not get ccp5 soon, I will have to choose another cart. Please take with a grain of salt, but I have waited (with my client sweating me) thru at least 3 "it will be here today"s ... this is my first post to the forum.

#16 08-02-2002 07:21:52

I hope so, too (that it comes out today).  At least 9 announced "release dates" have been missed.  It's hard to predict when the software will be ready, so why keep predicting it?  (And saying "definitely" each time.)  I hope this time is "the one."

#17 08-02-2002 08:20:31

I'm sure no one wants a program that's full of bugs. Let these guys do their thing and fix the bugs. Software is seldom released on time. Even when you allow yourself plenty of time, and the date is set to a future point you expect to beat, you'll be lucky to get it out on time.
Debugging a program is very time consuming (and aggravating), and these guys will have it debugged better than we can if we get it now and have to debug it ourselves. Myself, I've talked to my client and told him that waiting a couple weeks after the release for issues to be further dealt with would be the best. He figures I can deal with any issues after the release. He doesn't understand, I'm not very good with perl scripts.

#18 08-02-2002 10:16:12

It is a fairly risky undertaking to be waiting by the day to implement what is literally newly coded software for a client who is paying that amount on advertising!  Not to underestimate the capabilities of the crew behind CCP, but EVERY piece of software has bugs (those those decimal version numbers) and it often takes weeks or months for many of them to be found and resolved.  If I had a client spending that amount of money on advertising, buying and implementing CCP4 and then upgrading to 5 (after its been tested thouroughly by all users) would be a much wiser plan from my viewpoint and experience.

With all the documentation of this forum of CCP4 (known issues, workarounds, etc) and the ease of its installation, that site could have been up and running several days ago to start bringing in money (basic installation) and CCP5 could be installed, tested, customized, and implemented over the next few weeks to fit the 'final' look and needs of your client. If thousands are being spent on advertising, there's got to be a decent budget for all the coding / programming you won't need to do with CCP5 ;-)

#19 08-02-2002 11:52:52

>It is a fairly risky undertaking
>to be waiting by the
>day to implement what is
>literally newly coded software for
>a client who is paying
>that amount on advertising! 
>Not to underestimate the capabilities
>of the crew behind CCP,
>but EVERY piece of software
>has bugs (those those decimal
>version numbers) and it often
>takes weeks or months for
>many of them to be
>found and resolved.  If
>I had a client spending
>that amount of money on
>advertising, buying and implementing CCP4
>and then upgrading to 5
>(after its been tested thouroughly
>by all users) would be
>a much wiser plan from
>my viewpoint and experience.
>
>With all the documentation of this
>forum of CCP4 (known issues,
>workarounds, etc) and the ease
>of its installation, that site
>could have been up and
>running several days ago to
>start bringing in money (basic
>installation) and CCP5 could be
>installed, tested, customized, and implemented
>over the next few weeks
>to fit the 'final' look
>and needs of your client.
>If thousands are being spent
>on advertising, there's got to
>be a decent budget for
>all the coding / programming
>you won't need to do
>with CCP5 ;-)

I agree unless they have a ton of products. I would use version 4 and upgrade, but this new website will be sporting more than a million products. I wouldn't want to try that with CCP4. By the time you had the products online version 7 would be out. :-)

#20 08-02-2002 14:07:45

A MILLION PRODUCTS.....

I am glad it is you and not me working on that project. How would you keep the data and orders straight. One would think you would need a huge staff to monitor such a large project.

#21 08-02-2002 14:38:36

The way it's going to work is we'll import the database from a large wholesale distributor. The orders will be placed at our website but filled at the wholesalers where the product will be drop shipped to the customer with our logo and slogan being added to the shipping and invoice so it looks as if it came right from our store. The whole process will be possible with CCP5 except we'll need to do a script that takes the order to our distributor, but that shouldn't be to bad.

#22 08-02-2002 16:59:32

It is my understanding that CCP5 will be able to send the order to your supplier.  There is a place at product level to enter an email address which I assume is where this is handled.  Is my assumption correct?

#23 08-02-2002 19:28:23

Is there any way in CCCP 5 to customize the fields and information you send to each vendor?

Board footer