Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-29-2002 12:23:35

Status on Online Order

I have a cart set to collect and email the order for offline processing.  When I go into the Tracking and Statistics and then the Edit Online Order.  How do I change the status from Not Completed to Completed?  I did an edit on a test order and changed the status in the drop down box to completed but although it shows a current "last modified date" it still shows not completed. What am I doing wrong?

Help

#2 07-29-2002 12:25:51

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Status on Online Order

That's a small bug in version 4 - we forgot to flip the file from the pending directory to the completed directory in the code after that update.  To remedy, move the file <ordernumber>.db from ./data/tracking/pending to ./data/tracking/completed and it will show up in the right section.

Nick Hendler

#3 07-29-2002 13:29:03

>That's a small bug in version
>4 - we forgot to
>flip the file from the
>pending directory to the completed
>directory in the code after
>that update.  To remedy,
>move the file <ordernumber>.db from
>./data/tracking/pending to ./data/tracking/completed and it
>will show up in the
>right section.

Do I have to manually move each order from pending to completed each time or is there a permanant fix for this bug?

#4 07-29-2002 13:47:54

I have 2 orders that are in the completed file and with the information you gave me regarding a bug I have no idea how they got there.  These were all test orders....

#5 07-29-2002 14:35:59

Well I figured out part of the mystery...  If I place an order with a credit card it seems to automatically go to the completed file.  Don't know what happened with the client order that is in pending.  Possibly a bad credit card number or order placed without payment...  Is that possible?  Never got an email about it.

#6 07-29-2002 14:42:39

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Pending orders are those that are initiated but never processed by the customer.  You'll see orders as completed when they are fully processed.  It is very very rare that you'll ever have to flip the status of an order (that's why we never posted a code fix for the issue).

Nick Hendler

#7 07-31-2002 10:31:47

Hello,

When the orders are filled out completely by the customer and processed, the messages in the emails and in the tracking say 'completed and processed', however with my products, the orders are not completed and processed as they are online accounts which have to be configured first.

The users get the impression that they can immediately begin using thier accounts because all their stuff says completed and processed.

Are there any changes or work-arounds since the last post?

thanks in advance for anyones help. im looking to NOT have to use a hack!

Board footer