Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-15-2018 04:26:32

cglover
Website

Gdpr

Hi, please can anyone advise if an update is required for version 8 to be compliant with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?

I'm thinking there will need to be a checkbox to 'accept' the privacy policy on all forms (contact, new account etc.) where personal data is submitted, but I could be wrong.

Thanks
Chris

#2 05-15-2018 08:15:49

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Gdpr

Please see this discussion about GDPR:

https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=33709

Nick Hendler

#3 05-17-2018 05:11:58

cglover
Website

For anyone that would like to know, this is what I've decided to do for our e-commerce sites;

- Update/add to Privacy Policy (how is data used, stored, retention time)

- Add text to checkout page near payment button; 'By placing your order you agree to the website terms and conditions (link) and our privacy policy (link).'

Ideally, I'd also like to add a check box asking the user to 'accept our privacy policy' on all contact forms but this seems quite complicated sad

I already have all sites secured with an SSL and I believe the personal data is stored as securely as possible. I also have cookie policy link in all website footers.

I think that's me done.

#4 06-22-2018 05:19:11

west4
Website

Hi CGLover,

Go to Location: System Dashboard > Shop > Commerce > Checkout Form Fields and choose to update a custom form field that is not being used, call it something like 'Privacy Policy Agreement' and enter what form section you want it in mine is 'EU General Data Protection Regulation'
then add some text like this 'You must agree to our Privacy Policy to continue the checkout process. <a href="link to your policy page here.../Privacy.html" target="_blank">Read our Privacy Policy.</a>'
then make it 'Required' and Display to 'True' then form field type 'Checkbox'.
Now click on 'SELECTION ITEMS (for list types) ' on the left side,
then in SELECTION ITEM 1 add your text like this 'I Agree with your Privacy Policy.' and hit SUBMIT.

Now check your checkout routine and there will be a new box for you customers to tic to carry on through the checkout, This will force them to 'opt in' to continue.

Cheers,
Bruce.

Last edited by west4 (06-22-2018 05:21:20)

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

Board footer