Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-29-2002 04:07:36

Another Etnernal Server Error

Help!

I couldn't wait and bought and instaled 4.0

I keep getting eternal server error when trying to run the script. I know the paths are ok, becasie when I change them I get the path error.

I do have the data folder out side the web accesible area, would that make a difference? I had it running once but the pics wounldn't show so I re-installed and now this.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh The agony of web design!!!!!!

#2 07-29-2002 07:49:15

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Another Etnernal Server Error

An internal server error after install indicates one of four things:

(1) A syntax error when editing the paths in the *.cgi's or *.pl's.  Upload them again and see if you can get the script to run and at least generate the script execution (paths not right) error.

(2) If this was an FTP install, try to re-upload all of the files in the cgi-bin directory again.  Perhaps not all of them made it to the server or we corrupted on the way.  Make sure your FTP client transfers *.pl, *.cgi ad *.pm files as ASCII.

(3) Do you have the *.cgi or *.pl scripts set to executable (CHMOD 755 oon Unix/Linux)?

(4) Is Perl in /usr/bin/perl?  If not, try changing the path to Perl on the pound bang (#!) line at the top of the *.cgi's or *.pl's to your Perl path.  When:

#!/usr/bin/perl

doesn't work, the following does 99% of the time:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

Nick Hendler

#3 07-29-2002 10:41:51

I do get the path error page when I enter a goofy path in the setup files, so the script is working.

I do have the data file out side the web browsable area, would that make a differenc?

#4 07-29-2002 10:59:26

webmaster
Administrator
Website

No, that won't make a difference.  It's best to keep it outside of the web dir, though (for security reasons only).  Is this the same one that you just posted about in the other thread?

Nick Hendler

Board footer