Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-28-2002 00:22:17

where is CCP 5

I wait whole day from July 27 to 28.  I still can't see the CCP 5,  anyone knows?

#2 07-28-2002 02:23:03

Re: where is CCP 5

I do not know about you - but I would rather them have the program running at 100% than releasing it full of bugs, such as a large software company starting with the letter "M" might do. From what I have seen of the program, it looks great!

#3 07-28-2002 06:02:54

I think everyone wants a quality product but everyone also should get an update when a published target date is missed. 

#4 07-28-2002 06:36:21

This isn't easy. I've learned from experience to give dates well after your projected finish and then if it's done early you're the good guy.

#5 07-28-2002 07:46:32

Take your time, EC, I'll just wait for my email notification.
You've always produced quality programming for me.

#6 07-28-2002 11:43:01

Email notification?

#7 07-28-2002 22:18:51

ironing out the bugs is far more important than releasing it on a specific date.  After 10 years of implementing software updates, I've learned *never* plan your work schedule around expected software release dates. Additionally, build in a few weeks of testing before releasing it to your own clients!    I know of an instance of a large software company that released a product to the public because of a mentioned date and the unecessary 'grilling' of its consumers.  Huge mistake - full of bugs.  Today, they give their dates by months only!.
Patience will work.  Visit the site every 2 days instead of every 10 minutes ;-)

#8 07-29-2002 00:11:26

Well Put....

Release the program when it is completely tested and functional. If that means a delay few more days or weeks, then we will wait! Nothing turns customers off more quickly then flawed products or software.

Version 5.0 looks great, it will be well worth the wait! We all eagerly await the new release and look forward to jumping onboard as soon as it is available.

#9 07-29-2002 07:43:29

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Hey Guys.  Thanks for the support.  We expect the software out today or tomorrow - we're now publishing 7/30 as the date - but will NOT release it until it is at least as stable as CCP4 was at release.  Notice there was no version 4.01.

Thank you for your patience as well.  We originally estimated a June/July release and you could probably dig up some old posts with that estimate in there.  We would have loved to have released it in June and didn't think it would take until the end of July, but what can you do?  Quality takes time - and all of you requested so much a complete rewrite was needed.

Are you aware that 100% of the codebase is new, and CCP4 was only used for functional reference?  We applied the things we learned while coding CCP4, and all of the functionality, but coded everything new & improved.

Don't worry - it's even easier to hack and better commented - if that's your cup of tea.

Nick Hendler

Board footer