Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-04-2018 15:49:59

Kettlepot Soap

No discount code box at checkout :-(

So, I'm trying to host a sale and am having horrible/embarrassing issues -

PayPal is apparently not available as a payment option - though it was in January

There is no box for customers to enter the sale code to get the discount.  I even recreated the discount code in case there was some legacy issue going from V8 to V9.  The discount code options functioned for my sale in December.

What is going on???????????

#2 02-05-2018 11:23:44

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: No discount code box at checkout :-(

You can turn on/off the discount code field in checkout using Store / Commerce / Checkout Form Fields.  PayPal would be activated/deactivated using Store / Commerce / Processing Gateways.  Unless you were using PayPal Express, which is managed under Store / Component / Settings / PayPal Website Payments Pro Settings.

Nick Hendler

#3 02-05-2018 12:22:01

Kettlepot Soap

Hi Nick,

According to Checkout Form Fields the discount box is set to true and so should be displayed.  There is no place to enter any discount code during checkout.  My customers have reported this and I just did a test. 

There is also no comment box available - but according to checkout form fields, this is set to true.

PayPal is not available as a payment option though it is also set to true; orders are only processed as check payment.

Pick up option is set to true yet it does not appear as an option during checkout.

First class shipping is set to true but does not appear as an option during checkout when applicable.

In December and January orders processed just fine with people making comments, entering discount codes and using PayPal - and now poof - these functions have disappeared. 

I'm not tech savvy (obviously) and haven't poked around and changed anything that I know of that would have affected all of these functions. 

What next?

#4 02-07-2018 08:21:38

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This ticket got handed off to me late yesterday.  I'm looking at it this morning for you.

Nick Hendler

#5 02-07-2018 09:08:14

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Fixed.  I ran the debugger and found this error upon loading checkout:

"CORE_Form::check_field_def: An invalid request to validate a form field was received. The form field 'ecom.coform.customone', a 'CHECKBOX-CUSTOM' type field requires an array of values. An array of values was not specified."

Failure to build a form field will cause an entire form to fail loading.  Basically the entire first checkout form was not loading, not just the discount code and processor selection.

To resolve, I accessed Store / Commerce / Checkout Form Fields, chose to edit the 'Pick-up' field, which was field 'customone'.  As it was a checkbox field, I had to add a choice for it (same error occurs for any checkbox, radio or select fields without choices).

After adding an option there, the form loaded properly.  So this started being a problem the moment the Pick-up option was created without a choice assigned to it.   Moral of the story:  Test changes right after you make a change.

Nick Hendler

#6 02-07-2018 17:22:07

Kettlepot Soap

OK - it WAS something I did - my bad and my apologies -

#7 02-08-2018 08:21:32

webmaster
Administrator
Website

No worries.  It's all fixed up now.  Just test your changes after you make them from here on out and you won't run into issues like this again.

Nick Hendler

#8 02-09-2018 18:08:49

Kettlepot Soap

LOL - knowing me, I'll probably run into issues again . . . . .  thanks!

Board footer