Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-29-2017 12:03:06

sppars

Minimum and Max Quantity

Looks like minimum and maximum quantity do not exist in V9.

How would one go about incorporating minimum quantity at the inventory level? Which files would need to be modified and where?

#2 08-30-2017 08:25:58

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Minimum and Max Quantity

For that inventory item, sell it in product offers where the offer type is 'package deal'.  Sell the inventory in a quantity equal to the minimum.  For example, if you want to sell a minimum of 5 units of 'widget x' inventory item for $10, set up a product offer to sell a package deal of 5 of 'widget x' inventory item at $2 each.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-30-2017 15:19:20

sppars

I'm not sure if that will work Nick. What would happen if they wanted to purchase 6? In the package deal scenario they would be buying in quantities of 5.... 5,10,15, etc. Following your example, I need there to be a minimum of 5 at least, but any quantity after that would be accepted. I suppose one can make quantities 6 and above be an add-on item of the same item to the package, but that would be confusing and not very ascetically pleasing.

Nevertheless, the solution would need to be at the inventory level because this is related to the following  and my solution there has been to make a product offer with all inventory items added to the database and pulled into the product offer. I've been able to achieve everything I needed by keeping it as an inventory offer and just simply modifying the prodaddcart_radio include. The last missing part is the minimum quantity, which is only for a certain selection of inventory items that are part of the offer.

I think the solution would need to be a mod, I'm just not sure how many files would be affected and which ones they would be, given the quantity would need the be verified that it doesn't go below the minimum throughout the checkout process.

#4 08-31-2017 07:38:36

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Minimum and maximum quantity checks in V8 and lower are very resource intensive.  With the advent of product offers and separate inventory items in K9, with the ability to offer multiple inventory items across multiple offers, to keep that functionality would have had a negative effect on processing times and resource usage when the cart was checked/altered.  Maximum quantity was never really used, so that was an easy thing to remove.  Minimum quantities are supported through package deals only in K9, so we're recommending you use that if you require minimum quantity functionality.

What you're looking to do would take a bunch of coding, in the product detail quantity displays, all add to cart forms, and the ECOM_Cart class itself, and you'll need messaging.  If you're willing to disable quantity adjustments in the cart (allow remove item only on the cart page) for affected items, then it becomes quite easier.  This can be implemented in a custom fashion.

Nick Hendler

#5 01-24-2018 04:45:59

west4
Website

Hi Nick,

Can you not do a minimum and max plug-in as an extra?
My site really needs min quantities and then any amount from there on.

Cheers,
Bruce

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

#6 01-24-2018 09:03:33

webmaster
Administrator
Website

If you need minimum quantities, and not maximum quantities, consider using an offer type of 'Package Deal' for your offer.  You could sell a quantity 2x (or whatever quantity your minimum is) of the inventory item.  Package Deals pretty much handle minimums in K9, the maximums were what posed problems and added a lot of processing logic to V8 and lower, and due to usage, those were deemed not worth their weight in K9.

Nick Hendler

Board footer