Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-30-2017 15:30:48

stage

First Data payment gateway troubleshooting

I'm trying to set up FirstData - Secure Server.  The only thing I've changed in the default settings is gateway ID and password.  I tested and got the "An error was encountered while processing the information submitted. Please try again." message.

I have debugging on but I'm not sure exactly what to look for.  I did find the following, which I guess is a start.  Please tell me what is the next step, or what other lines in debugging I should look for.

Thanks,.
Nathan

CORE_Display::include_file: Completed file: /core/CORE/includes/systemmsg.php

ECOM_OLP_cardsvss::print_message: Completed printing message 'genericolperr' for component 'ecom'.

ECOM_OLP_cardsvss::validate: Trouble communicating with processor.

ECOM_OLP::gwprocinternal: Processed order.

ECOM_OLP::gwprocinternal: Received bad response. Returning to checkout.

ECOM_OLP::exec_namespace: Validated namespace 'checkout'. Located with id 'ecom.checkout'.

ECOM_OLP::exec_namespace: Located user's group in allowed group.

#2 03-31-2017 06:56:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: First Data payment gateway troubleshooting

Edit the script {private}/apps/ecom/ECOM_OLP/ext/cardsvss.php.  Yes, that is the right script name for first data, it used to be called Cardservice International.  Anyway, in the CORE_Remote calls, set the 'nodebug' parameter to '0', that will get you the actual communication into debug, and allow you to see what's wrong.  When you're done, set 'nodebug' back to '1'.

You didn't mention entering your FirstData certificate into Store / Component / Settings / FirstData API Settings.  The error your getting is a general connection error, so I would assume the FirstData cert isn't entered in that setting, or you have a cURL/firewall issue.

Nick Hendler

#3 03-31-2017 16:44:13

stage

Aha, I missed that setting entirely.

I see a section in my First Data account that says "HMAC" - it sounds like that's the certificate part?

#4 04-03-2017 07:22:22

webmaster
Administrator
Website

HMAC is an encryption method, so I would assume so.  I thought it read 'API Certificate', though.

Nick Hendler

#5 01-06-2018 14:43:41

koucki

Sorry to revive this old thread, but were you able to successfully connect the FirstData API settings?
Kryptronic FirstData API settings is asking for the API Keyfile Contents (RSA private key and Certificate) but not sure FirstData has that.
In my case, I'm using Payeezy by FirstData, and they provide a key ID and HMAC key.
Would that actually work?

Thanks

#6 01-08-2018 08:27:56

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The FirstData API uses an API key (FirstData - Secure Server method).  For FirstData forms, use either 'FirstData HTML - Payment Form' or 'FirstData e4 - Payment Form', depending on whether you have their E4 service.  I think you'll be using 'FirstData HTML - Payment Form' with Payeezy.

Nick Hendler

#7 01-09-2018 21:20:00

stage

A few months ago I paid to have a Payeezy payment gateway developed through the custom shop. It’s my understanding that this will be added to the basic software at some point.

#8 01-10-2018 08:40:04

webmaster
Administrator
Website

If that's the case, please contact the Custom Shop for a quote request on this.  We likely have code standing by.  I'll make a note to get it added to the next K9 update if it's not already there.

Nick Hendler

#9 01-12-2018 13:24:39

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Just dug up more on this.  Payeezy = FirstData e4.  From FirstData:

There is the legacy Global Gateway (aka Linkpoint/Yourpay) which supports a hosted method called 'Connect 2.0' and a legacy API (using a store number and PEM for authenticating) and Webservice API (using auth credentials and pem/key files for servers). That gateway is in an end of life status and does not support nearly as many functions as Payeezy which is the go forward solution. You should not integrate with anything relating to the legacy gateway.

Payeezy was also previously branded as 'Global Gateway e4' which obviously caused confusion. First Data cannot guide you on any extensions or plugins to use as they are not developed by First Data but rather third party teams for those platforms/shopping carts.

Nick Hendler

Board footer