Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-08-2018 07:11:11

kpryan

Admin Interface - Email cannot be validated

I am unable to login to the admin interface. I have rerun the installer with the same admin credentials and the config.php file has been updated by the installer. Using phpMyAdmin I can see that the entry for the admin email is correct. Is there anything else that I can do?

Kevin

#2 01-08-2018 08:29:01

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Admin Interface - Email cannot be validated

Sounds like a password issue.  Use the link at the bottom of the login page to reset/resend your password.  That will store a new one and send it to you (V8 and lower) so you can login.

Nick Hendler

#3 01-09-2018 11:11:26

kpryan

Hi Nick,
I tried that but the message said that my e-mail could not be validated.

Kevin

#4 01-10-2018 06:38:13

kpryan

Hi Nick,
The problem seemed to be a corrupt core_users table. I ran a cPanel MySQL database checker (status OK on all tables) and when I browsed the table using phpMyAdmin the core_users table was empty. It had entries yesterday and I wasn't aware that I had deleted anything using phpMyAdmin. Perhaps a cautionary tale for users of this utility?

Anyway I ran the installer again and reloaded all tables, etc. and I can now login.

Regards,
Kevin

#5 01-10-2018 08:38:35

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Check under System / Component / Settings / Cron Settings to see what your storage timeframe is for unused accounts.  If it had been a long time since you last logged in, your account may have been purged.  It's odd that all accounts were purged, though.  That's the only thing I can think of where the software itself would have removed your account.  Adjust that setting as needed to ensure this doesn't happen again to you.

Nick Hendler

Board footer