Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 12-11-2017 19:05:22

Kettlepot Soap

Radio button list of options

Are we no longer able to have an inventory level for each item with a radio button?  We used to be able to control the inventory for each item - is it now just one global inventory number that is identical for all items?

Many thanks!!

Pam

#2 12-12-2017 08:30:18

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Radio button list of options

Under Store / Inventory / Inventory Items, each inventory item has it's own inventory controls, which are way more advanced than you're used to with V8.  You'll find the same on/off functionality and much, much more.

Nick Hendler

#3 01-15-2018 09:55:21

Kettlepot Soap

So I would need to create a new inventory item for each item in a drop down list?  The items in drop down lists that I made in V8 do not appear as individual inventory items in V9. 

I did find where to edit the options in a drop down list but I didn't find any sort order numbers; if I want to enter something in the middle of an alphabetized list, do I need to re-enter all of the products after it?  For example, if I have a list of 10 flavors, (A, C, D, E, F, J, K, L, M, N) and I need to add G, the only place I see to add G is after N. The list would no longer be alphabetical - unless I re-enter all the flavors after G.  What to do in this situation?

#4 01-16-2018 09:22:27

webmaster
Administrator
Website

If these options are items that you ship, then yes, set them up as inventory items and configure them as either choices for the product offer, or addons, depending on your setup.  They are displayed in exactly the order entered to give you the most control over the displays.

If these options are options for items you ship, like a warranty or a non-inventoried color choice or whatever, then create a product option and tie it the the inventory item you're selling (not the product offer).

Nick Hendler

#5 09-17-2019 03:06:08

west4
Website

Hi Nick,

This?

Quote.....if I want to enter something in the middle of an alphabetized list, do I need to re-enter all of the products after it?  For example, if I have a list of 10 flavors, (A, C, D, E, F, J, K, L, M, N) and I need to add G, the only place I see to add G is after N. The list would no longer be alphabetical - unless I re-enter all the flavors after G.  What to do in this situation?

Cheers,
Bruce.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

#6 09-17-2019 03:18:01

west4
Website

Hi Nick,

Where are the selection option items stored, can I download and re-sort them and upload them to get them back into the correct order?

I recommend you put the order sort (number field) back in, or at least make a simple sort filter.

Cheers,
Bruce.

#7 09-17-2019 09:13:49

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The selection items for options are stored with the options in the ecom_prodoptions table.  Download a CSV copy of that and re-order the option selection items for each option as needed, then upload to save your changes.  The pricemaps are sorted based on a sort order (inventory items for sale with offers) and option selection items are sorted based on entry order.

Nick Hendler

#8 09-17-2019 10:32:10

west4
Website

Hi Nick,

I have edited the ecom_prodoptions table in Raw database admin and just moved the selection items around then saved the file and it has worked, thanks.

Cheers,
Bruce.

Board footer